New 911 Targa, anyone seen this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silver CL55

Car
(W216) 2008 CL 500, Tanzanite blue with tan leather. (W230) 2005 SL350, Black with sand leather
2014 Porsche 911 Targa

Saw one in the flesh in Porsche Glasgow, what a lovely thing.
Might be my next car, although not new of course.

I am not a huge fan of Porsche but I tried very hard indeed to have my wife look at these simply because I thought the styling was sublime. Unfortunately, she is anti-Porsche (based on knowing several people who have them and judging the car by those owners...).

Last edited:
What a stunning car! Love it! The new 991's seem to have a far more aggressive stance than the 997.

I have seen a fair number of the latest ones in the flesh and I think they are bloated.

I love the 911 Targa. I was behind one on the M25 for a number of miles the other day, looks superb.

If the lottery came up that's the one I'd get it has the lot and the roof retraction has to be the best out there

Simply awesome. The refinement in the 991 is unbelievable.

A friend of a friend has just got 1. Lovely looking car

Attachments

• image-604423369.jpg
    image-604423369.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 67
They are lovely things, quite like the 996/997 variant too. Got to see the 991 Targa at the New York Motorshow yesterday :)

Attachments

• image-1727475753.jpg
    image-1727475753.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 30
The new targa is lovely, think I would still prefer the coupe with glass roof or the convertible.

My brother has a 991 and its a nice place to be, but certainly the 991 has got a bit chubby compared to the 997.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

They are lovely things, quite like the 996/997 variant too. Got to see the 991 Targa at the New York Motorshow yesterday :)

Urgh...how can you mention the 996 in a discussion of good looking Porsches and especially link it to the 997 :eek:

996 Turbo's represent 'THE' supercar bargain at the moment....

Immense performance and iconic model status for not alot of money....

...and they're not a lot of money because they belong in a sty and are only iconic amongst other taste challenged individuals.

In their day the Montego and Maestro Turbos were a huge used bargain for the performance but they were fugly and nobody wanted them which made them a bargain.

A lot of the attraction of buying any car other than a rep mobile or cheap runaround, and in particular a 911, is what it looks like and that is why 911s before and after the 996 hold their value far better.

A rough 996 Turbo for track use on the other hand i can understand :)

I think your being a little harsh especially with regards to the comparison to the Montego and Meastro but respect your opinion...

Besides the front boxter type lights, they look alot like the 997....

I think the C4S, with its turbo wide body and without the rear quarter intakes and turbo spoiler look super nice...

I suspect the earlier 993's holding their values the way they do is down to the fact that, yes they are pretty but more importantly they were also the last of the Air cooled 911's...

997's were an obvious step up from the 996, especially as Porsche were into their second generation with water cooling....

Interior wise, the 996 was a let down admitedy and Porsche learned their lesson with the 997 thank god...

The 996 Porsche 911 Turbo WILL go up in value, and hence is still a supercar bargain atm....

I remember 964 values remained low compared to older and younger versions for many years... probably also down to styling (compared to the 993?).... but they have picked up hugely over the last few years... Not sure about all 996 models but the Turbo being the Turbo, will definetely pick up and i cant see them getting any lower.....:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom