New A-Class Arrives At MB Southport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
My M8 is the parts guy at MB Southport - Here's a couple of picture's he put up of the new A-Class that's just arrived there :rock:
I think it looks the Dogs ! :D especially in that blue :bannana:
I'm not sure why some of the pictures are small - the links are from Facebook

579531_10151215349804907_1874021114_n.jpg

374907_10151215367049907_556645053_n.jpg

404250_10151215363754907_2046074132_n.jpg

564135_10151215366529907_1330580886_n.jpg

557619_10151215365454907_765802102_n.jpg

420468_10151215366019907_709212521_n.jpg

406903_10151215364964907_1073310380_n.jpg

Here's one of the launch cars that he got to see at the start of July
181327_10151011679484907_76786668_n.jpg

What a coincidence. I was in the Stockport dealership this morning collecting my new C63 Black Series :bannana: and had a good look around the blue car whilst the paperwork was being processed. All great except for the tiny boot. If nothing else it just shows the space efficiency of the previous double floor design.

is it me, or is the new A class really ugly ..

it looks like a tarted up, scaled down Renault Scenic

C240Sport97 said:
is it me, or is the new A class really ugly ..

it looks like a tarted up, scaled down Renault Scenic

I'll agree to disagree. I could actually see me considering one of these.

I think it's ugly as well, but amazingly seem to be in the minority.

Take a look at the dash where it meets the doors. They are not at all flush. Seems someone designed the dash and didn't talk with the door designer. I like it though. But its too small for me. No rear seating space.

I really like this blue with carbon dash...
nice seats (pls no more syntetic leather!)
but not for 6ft4 man like me :(
tried one today in Watford MB....

Our local dealership has a blue one too. Thought it looked a bit Max Power (not necessarily a bad thing but I suit a more sedate image these days), but fancy that grey launch car. I'd forgotten that this vehicle was my original plan A, before several random impulses landed me with a used CLS.

The W168 had trend-setting styling and the long wheel base version had a lot going for it.
The W189 freshened up the styling and still remained a car that stood out in the crowd.
This latest A-Class looks like a Corsa, not for me thanks.

The W168 had trend-setting styling and the long wheel base version had a lot going for it.
The W189 freshened up the styling and still remained a car that stood out in the crowd.
This latest A-Class looks like a Corsa, not for me thanks.

The W168 had an interior like a 80s Fiesta and has an auto gear box which can write off the car if it goes wrong.
The W169 was huge, dull - a complete plain-Jane of a car and had no appeal to anyone under 30 and looked like a Jonny-Cab
The new A-Class is cool, modern and will do wonders for Mercedes image.

Last edited:
I like the front and the rear - looks very sporty, almost AMG like. The sides dont match though especially on the blue sports model. It needs flared sills and arches.

I really like it.
A colleague has ordered one for January delivery and I'm looking forward to seeing it

The W168 had an interior like a 80s Fiesta and has an auto gear box which can write off the car if it goes wrong.
The W169 was huge, dull - a complete plain-Jane of a car and had no appeal to anyone under 30 and looked like a Jonny-Cab
The new A-Class is cool, modern and will do wonders for Mercedes image.

Now that the new A Class has arrived, people are naturally comparing it with the old W169 model. While understandable, this is a bit pointless. The only thing which links the two models is the name. They are in fact, as is obvious, completely different cars aimed at, in the main, completely different target customers.

In general the W169 was aimed at people like me: old(er); valuing interior space in a small footprint; ease of access; less concerned about 'performance';and grateful that MB persisted with the idea long enough to refine it into a good, practical small car.

Trouble is: although more than a million were sold since 2005 it did not appeal to swathes of the population (mainly younger) who want something more obviously sporty-looking. Hence the new model.

The new one is not for me. But MB are not stupid. They have presumably worked out that although they might lose me they might well gain many others for whom the old A Class was 'dull'.

rhud said:
Now that the new A Class has arrived, people are naturally comparing it with the old W169 model. While understandable, this is a bit pointless. The only thing which links the two models is the name. They are in fact, as is obvious, completely different cars aimed at, in the main, completely different target customers.

In general the W169 was aimed at people like me: old(er); valuing interior space in a small footprint; ease of access; less concerned about 'performance';and grateful that MB persisted with the idea long enough to refine it into a good, practical small car.

Trouble is: although more than a million were sold since 2005 it did not appeal to swathes of the population (mainly younger) who want something more obviously sporty-looking. Hence the new model.

The new one is not for me. But MB are not stupid. They have presumably worked out that although they might lose me they might well gain many others for whom the old A Class was 'dull'.

They can sell old a class buyers a new B class. It's smallish and spacious.

I really like this blue with carbon dash...

it's carbon look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom