New A class Car collected - Panel Gap...???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercA

Car
Merc
I collected my new Merc A class SE Grey metallic colour this week. I noticed big gap in door panels. Please see the docs.

Is this normal..?

Attachments

• Gap01.jpg
    Gap01.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Gap02.jpg
    Gap02.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 194
4mm is not so bad if the gap is reasonably even. 3mm is usually as good as it gets.

I did a quick measure of my gaps with a digital caliper and they were in the 3 - 4mm range.

I'll pop out tomorrow when it's light and measure mine.

My panel gaps are excessive, especially when the door is open.

Just measured my W204 driver's door to rear passenger door panel gap. 4.5mm measured with a digital vernier gauge.

Doesn't look particularly large to be honest, OPs looks much wider but is only slightly. :/

The general rule (no pun intended) about panel gaps is that if they are the same on both sides and run even along the panel edge then they are probably OK....

If it were me I'd try and look at a few others and see if they're similar.

At the same time if you're found wandering the streets measuring gaps on cars with a Spider-Man rule(r) people may look at you funny haha

I would not worry. 90 % of cars on the road have had a panel replaced at one time or other . But i will say , you noticed this, and every time you look at the car your eyes will go right tho that door gap. Ask for it to be sorted out now .

Holy wow cakes ....

Mr An4L on the year old post!

Whilst grammatically correct - rules are there to be bent and twisted :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruler

Wiki agrees with my broken 'rule' ;)

Now go back to doing something important :)

Wiki , as I am sure you are aware , is not authoritative : it is compiled , and can be edited by , the uneducated and the misinformed .

The rule/ruler thing was a pet peeve of my metalwork teacher at school , and anyone who fell foul of it generally ended up being rapped over the knuckles by a 12" , thankfully wooden , rule .

Wiki , as I am sure you are aware , is not authoritative : it is compiled , and can be edited by , the uneducated and the misinformed .

The rule/ruler thing was a pet peeve of my metalwork teacher at school , and anyone who fell foul of it generally ended up being rapped over the knuckles by a 12" , thankfully wooden , rule .

lol i was just annoying you for the sake of annoying you (Such as dragging up an old post for a grammatical error ;) - agree with you and yes sir, you are right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom