New A Class - Disappointed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I love mercs but there are some models in the range which I think other brand does better and A class and its other variants is one of them, I would recommend a Golf or a A3 over it any day. The interior and the drive is so much better.

I have a 220CDI E-class and I average around 35mpg (80% city). I had a GLA 220D for a few days and it was slightly better doing the same journey possibly due to the weight but it's louder and doesn't accelerate as smoothly for some reason. So unless you take it out on the motorway your average is well...average.

I love mercs but there are some models in the range which I think other brand does better and A class and its other variants is one of them, I would recommend a Golf or a A3 over it any day. The interior and the drive is so much better.

I have a 220CDI E-class and I average around 35mpg (80% city). I had a GLA 220D for a few days and it was slightly better doing the same journey possibly due to the weight but it's louder and doesn't accelerate as smoothly for some reason. So unless you take it out on the motorway your average is well...average.

Point taken re golf & A3 but I do think those two interior are a little dated. The A Class interior IMHO is a nicer place to be. Very mixed feelings about the 'stuck on' iPad but I get the impression that it's the older generation that have a problem with it. 'Them young kidz' seem to like the modern look and I think MB are targeting a younger market.

Just look at the difference of the first generation A Class compared to the latest one. The youngsters never bought the old shape did they?

Had an A180d for a day, when my car went in for a major service this March.

Was making calls, and playing with all the gadgets - brilliant reversing cam! - all day, as I didn't actually need to go anywhere that day ...

Took me less than a couple of minutes to read through the relevant sections of the Mercedes online guide on my iPhone, and find what JMitch84 posted above.

:dk:

final note is the colour led's I have set them to a single colour that I like; looks great however getting and out of the car is a bloody disco the Leds change colour every few seconds blending from one colour to another until you start the engine and then they stay the colour you wanted - would be ok if I was 18 but being nearly 40 its not that classy...PS anyone thinking I don't like the car and I should have bought something else - yep your right; going back to Audi looking at the TTRS when I can get the right deal as we've only just bought this bugger.

You can turn this off under car settings

Did someone buy a car and review a laptop?

I often borrow my Mrs' A180d and will say that I like it ... a very 'chuckable' chassis and a decent interior.
The techy electronic stuff works well AND I managed to turn off the disco lights.
A far more spritely place to be than my trusty W212.

if its similar to the becker set up from earlier cars, you can load music onto a usb but it needs to be set up in folders (we set ours up with album art also) but we did have a yoof to help!!!
played through the audio 20 as you would expect an ipod to work
why is an ipod interface not standard? even my 6 year old L200 has it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom