New A150 cutting out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

idrussell

Car
1990 Porsche 911C4S, 2009 BMW 530i Touring, 2007 Merc A150 Classic SE
Hi I am new to this forum and Mercedes ownership. I bought a new A150 four weeks ago from a main dealer for my wife. In the first week of ownership she thought she had ‘stalled’ it twice but put this down to it being a new car (she had a 2003 Polo previously). During the second week the car was fine. Over the last couple of weeks the car has cut out a further 5 times for her and once for me. In all cases it appears to be at slow speed (less than 15MPH) when coming up to a T junction for example and when in 2nd / 1st gear. In all cases the car starts again immediately and is fine for a while after. Obviously I could take the car to the dealer but I am concerned that I may not be able to replicate problem for them on a test drive. Have any of you guys any advice or have you come across this problem before?

TIA

Ivan

Get the Mrs to record you on a camera phone while it is playing up, then take the thing back ! Could put you in a really dangerous situation .

My advice would be to take it back asap to the supplying dealer and start the dialog now, and keep note of dates and times that this happens. This is an almost new car, the quicker you start showing signs of dissatisfaction the better resolution you will get.

I am not trying to scaremonger, it may be a simple fault that is fixed very easily, and then no problem.

It may be something that they cannot resolve, and you may get in to car rejection territory if it goes on for a long time (worst worst case scenario).

If you don't tell the dealer, they don't know you are unhappy.

there is something known about this problem i had a a class that done it ,it also effects b classes as well. will try and find the info and post tommorow

hello and welcome to the forum,i would get it straight back to your dealer as this could be a dangerous problem, as said by mbtechnician if they are aware of the problem it could be sorted sooner then later(before you get fed up with your new purchase)regards jon

Gents

Thanks for all the advice. The car is a manual. I have spoken to the dealer and the car is booked in at the end of next week (soonest date for one of their courtesy cars) Hopefully it is an easy fix... MBTECHNICIAN if you find any info on the problem I would be most grateful if you could post.

Thanks again

Ivan

Intermittent cutting out is a well known issue with A- and B-Classes. 'What Car?' had an article about a B-Class that kept losing power/cutting out about a year or so ago...and the dealer had several other cars with the same issue.

If you look through my old threads you may find out more...

However, MBUK are not admitting anything.

Welcome to the MB brand.

Hi Guys

My wife's A class is booked in tommorow night for the dealer to investigate the cutting out problem (the car has cut out again several times all at very low speed) A couple of people on the forum have mentioned it is a known issue and suggested a software update may cure it - does anybody have any other info incase the dealer cannot find anything..

Thanks in anticipation

Regards

Ivan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom