new a170 user and review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xselseven

Car
a170-w169
Hi

I have decided to give my impressions of the a170 that I have now owned for a few days.

I can confirm that the paintwork is seriously prone to scratching, without even trying.
The seats are also somewhat uncomfortable.It is the avantgarde version,and has leather seats, but it does not have back support option.
The bucket seat on the thighs presses in too much,and a long journey will cause discomfort.
The gears are very notchy, and this makes me worried about the longevity of this gearbox.
This model has much stronger suspension, and this causes the ride to be very uncomfortable, especially together with the "cool" 16 rims.

Ok, the other side of that hard suspension as it steers great around corners.

The 1699cc engine is quite responsive, and not too bad on the consumption.
Real-life usage is between 7.6 and 8.2 l/100km, depending on your driving style,traffic,hilly or flat country.
This is totally amazing when compared to the x-trail 2.5 4x4 was using before this.that vehicle was maybe 13 to14l/100km. very painful.
The gear ratio on fifth could have been a little more economical, because the revs hardly drop at all between 4th and 5th.

Inside, the vehicle is totally top class.
I really feel like I should be called SIR, because this vehicle gives me that sense of superiority, it is a three star,after all:)

It has some very nice features, like the headlights height can be adjusted, the display dims when you put on the headlights,the boot area with storage areas,the rear seatbelts with a special slot to keep them out the way to fold down the seats.

The high seating position, is a problem getting into, but once your are seated, it is the bees knees.

The road noise from the rolling tyres is quite loud, very disturbing at 30km to 80km.After that the noise is no longer coming up through the wheel wells, and is blown away by the wind, and the wind noise takes over, but that is more pleasant than the tyre noise.
These are Perilli tyres, practically brand new, so it really surprised me.

My conclusion of this vehicle is while it has all these cool extras, it is after all a car, and that it is where it lets me down, because I cant help comparing it to the luxurious ride from my previous xtrail
Being a three star, I expected to float to my destinations, but I have found that I bounce instead.
I console myself, by remembering it is a three star, and all the other plebs on the road, are driving renaults and citreons.
Hah, take that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom