New A200 1.6 Sport - intermittent ignition problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LucyLastic

Car
A200 1.6 Sport
hi All

Only just joined and would like to pick your brains.

Bought my first MB in June 2013, new A200 1.6 Sport petrol, manual. Love the drive of the car and the shape.

I'd driven mainly Hondas up to that point and had to get used to the 'spongy' accelerator and higher clutch bite point :) This resulted in my staling it a handful times, especially when parking and moving slowly.

On most of these stales, I was unable to start the car again, even wouldn't start after a normal park up, go in a shop, return and nothing.

I'd done all the usual, ensure handbrake on, neutral gear, clutch pedal down but no. Only way I could get it to start was lock the car and then unlock it again. ECO is always on.

MB have run diagnostics on it and found no errors.

This morning, parked it up and then the central locking wouldn't lock. It would flash when I pressed the unlock but nothing for locking. Opened and firmly reclosed all doors and boot but still wouldn't lock. Managed by getting in the car, locking it with central lock button on driver's door, unlocking it then using key fob.

Could the two problems be related?

Hello and welcome to you. Sorry I can't help, however, I feel someone will be along shortly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Yes they could be.

I would be looking at the ignition switch to be faulty.

Sorry, should be stall not stale!

Thanks guys. MB have said see if it happens again and let them know and also if there is a pattern. Made me smile. I'm a programmer and in the programming 'world' we say push the car back up the hill and see if the brakes fail again when we're referring to code which may error again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom