New acquisition............ :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Agreed the deal on this early this morning.

Will have to get used to using Satan's fuel :D

Imgur

Looks very nice! Shame about the soot.. ;)

Cheers,

Gaz

Excellent looking vehicle, you will love it.

You don't have a lot of choice.

When I was replacing my 55, there were bugger all petrols except overpriced E500s.

Smart choice David. Didn't fancy one with Airmatic?

Very nice car :thumb:

When I bought my 2013 W204.... the choice for petrol C-Class for this model year was either C180 with 1.6L engine, or C63 with 6.2L engine.... nothing in between.

yep was quite surprised when i came from my petrol cls to the e320 estate

You don't have a lot of choice.

When I was replacing my 55, there were bugger all petrols except overpriced E500s.

Smart choice David. Didn't fancy one with Airmatic?

It was not something on the" must have" list and I may well have been wary of one with airmatic due to the fragility of the system after a number of years use.

I was not even looking for an E Class saloon, this one just came up, was close by (it was in Dorset), had a good specification with memory seats (a must have) and was in very good overall condition and at a good price so we decided to own a soot chucker :)

I have spent the afternoon going over it, I have cleaned the leather (it was already clean but had the odd sticky fingerprint from the small person that sat in the back) set up the radio, seating, steering column, lighting etc to my / our preferences and got to grips with the Satnav.

I appear to have the NTG2 Satnav after checking on-line.The data card Markjay kindly supplied just says "COMAND DVD APS with Navigation" and Telephone preparation (MTUS), there is an aerial to the rear of the roof so this must be for telephone signals?.

The Satnav is only capable of 5 digit Postcode entry so I need to find out if there is a software update to full Postcode entry and what else I need if I wish to operate a 'phone through the COMAND , I assume this one needs the MB unit in the cradle to let our 'phones communicate via Bluetooth? A reversing camera would be a nice addition if possible.

Under duress Madam drove it back last night from the pick-up and she was then rather reluctant to hand over the key afterwards!

Last edited:
Is the aerial on the roof like a sharks fin?

If so, that is the GPS receiver for the Sat Nav.

Is the aerial on the roof like a sharks fin?

If so, that is the GPS receiver for the Sat Nav.
Not really fin like, there is an upwards projection : Data-card reads 354 ANTENNA FOR TELEPHONE D/E-NET

Update:

Where time allows i have been carrying out a little fettling on the car :)

I have acquired an updated DVD map with new firmware as detailed elsewhere.
Fitted new wheel centre caps as the old ones had worn back to black

New MB tyre valve caps (Madam's little joke gift!)

Re-dyed the scuff oh the drivers seat bolster.

Changed the tyre pressures from a ridiculous 36 psi front and 38 psi rear to 29 psi and 31 respectively with a significant improvement in ride comfort, steering response and overall feel.

Bought a very compact MP3 player (along with a very neat flat black 3.5mm cable with a 90 degree angled connector on one end) that sits in the glovebox using a little velcro to stop it moving around

Used trim restorer on the windscreen wiper cover and scuttle trim as it was becoming grey.

Booked it in for an inspection with my Indie and also for a full wheel alignment. It will also go to PCS for an Auto-transmission fluid change as the team there seem very experienced in that area.

Also booked it for a professional clean this week (Snow foam, hand clean, clay and polish with rubber treatments, chrome polish etc)

I also have a booking for the Mercedes Me adaptor to be installed but may cancel that......

Overall we are very pleased with it, especially now the tyre pressures are correct for 3 up as per the MB sticker on the fuel flap.

Economy wise I have not really been keeping that close an eye but as we are going to Devon next weekend I will brim it and check. I did see 49.6 MPG displayed yesterday at a steady 60mph on A roads and on roads where the (now departed) C Class would show 30 MPG from start after 10 miles I have seen around 39 MPG in the E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom