New addition to the AMG family - GL63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Naz11

Car
C63 AMG 125 Edition + LSD & GL63
Hi All,

Its been a while since I last posted as there was nothing really to report on the C63 running like a dream, but after various 7 seater cars and experiments I have finally settled with the purchase of a GL63 and I am really happy I have made this move, but gutted I did not make this decision 4 years ago! The only thing I was unsure about was the colour (Crimson Red) but in person it doesn't look that bad. Options that are on the car are as follows:

Heated and Cooled front seats
Heated rear seats
Rear Entertainment
Harmon Kardon
Eagle eye surround camera
Night Vision
3 Sunroofs (not sure if this is an option or standard feature)
Keyless Entry/Start

I also wanted to shout out Will who has been great with his advice and tips, it really helped. I am trying to upload some pictures but they are too large when I am trying to upload/attach them.

Regards
Naz

Hi All,

Its been a while since I last posted as there was nothing really to report on the C63 running like a dream, but after various 7 seater cars and experiments I have finally settled with the purchase of a GL63 and I am really happy I have made this move, but gutted I did not make this decision 4 years ago! The only thing I was unsure about was the colour (Crimson Red) but in person it doesn't look that bad. Options that are on the car are as follows:

Heated and Cooled front seats
Heated rear seats
Rear Entertainment
Harmon Kardon
Eagle eye surround camera
Night Vision
3 Sunroofs (not sure if this is an option or standard feature)
Keyless Entry/Start

I also wanted to shout out Will who has been great with his advice and tips, it really helped. I am trying to upload some pictures but they are too large when I am trying to upload/attach them.

Regards
Naz
Congratulations on your new car, nice choice 👌🏻

Possibly the only car you’ll ever need…

Congratulations Naz,

A great choice if I do say so myself! :D

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it and seeing some pics :cool:

Sounds like a nice motor! As for pics, take the pics then screen shoot them, that shrinks them, then post, that should work. 🙂👍

lovely motors, congrats

To be fair I’m sure a remap at a respected tuner would yield similar gains if you felt the need for more power! :)

They’re decent cars but the chassis is what it is. Generally you run out of road before you run out of power, because they are so big and high up the sensation of speed isn’t that great and they’re not built for corners really.

I’ve never lost a drag race though 🤣 not that it happens very often.

For a ten year old heavy 7 seater they go okay still :thumb:

To be fair I’m sure a remap at a respected tuner would yield similar gains if you felt the need for more power! :)

They’re decent cars but the chassis is what it is. Generally you run out of road before you run out of power, because they are so big and high up the sensation of speed isn’t that great and they’re not built for corners really.

I’ve never lost a drag race though 🤣 not that it happens very often.

For a ten year old heavy 7 seater they go okay still :thumb:
Hey Will,

Thanks again, just out of curiosity have you remapped your GL63 and if so who have you used? I did use DMS on the Porsche Cayenne Turbo but if you and the guys recommend any other tuner that has experience with the GL63 then I am all in!

Hey Will,

Thanks again, just out of curiosity have you remapped your GL63 and if so who have you used? I did use DMS on the Porsche Cayenne Turbo but if you and the guys recommend any other tuner that has experience with the GL63 then I am all in!
No, mine is totally standard.
Never really felt the need for more power tbh, it’s a family wagon for me.

I’d also factor in reliability etc and warranty if applicable.

Very smart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom