new alloys,A-class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phillb

Hi,
I am thinking of upgrading the alloys on my 02 A170CDI from the 15" GIENAH that were fitted as standard to the 16" Taygeta in the alloy wheel brochure page 12.
Question:does anyone have this wheel?are merc price of £146.23 per wheel the cheapest?Also does anyone know that if you change your wheels for anything other than mercedes wheels it invalidates your warranty??(so MB croydon told me).Can I trade my wheels in?

Cheers,

Phil

popped into MB croydon 4 a price on tyres for the wheels.
guy said the cheap make they use(AVON)205/45 r16 £94! the ones they recommend(MICHELIN)£133!!!
I can get avon zz3 from mytyres.co.uk for£70,quite a difference

Wouldn't say they are the cheapest but for your tyres you will get a good deal and a professional service from

Tyre Trax
271 Portland Road
South Norwood

020 8656 9992

It's near Croydon Race and Rally if you know that.

No, Cinatra's is Broad Green. This is towards Norwood but only the other side of Croydon. If you already have a tyre fitter you trust (with news wheels) then don't worry, but these guys are not fast fit monkeys and are worth remembering.

RSR have a shop in South Croydon now too and they are very competetive althought the fitters are not a patch on Tyre Trax.

it was rsr that told me about merc wheels and warranty's.

I know a dealer who could supply 17" 5 star AMG replica's with rubber balanced c/w locking nuts delivered ready to go for £550 !

PM me if you are interested.

You could swap wheels for OE when you take your car to MD for servicing ???

will putting bigger wheels on affect my ride quality? sent you a pm.:)

Last edited:
Bigger wheels = lower profile tyres, = inevitably harder ride, I'm afraid !

(But bigger wheels look much nicer :D)

Originally posted by sym
Bigger wheels = lower profile tyres, = inevitably harder ride, I'm afraid !

(But bigger wheels look much nicer :D)

mmmmmmmm.... not that much of a harder ride sym!

Phillb you have a PM!

i wont have to change speedo settings or anything?

What make are the wheels so i could see a piccy of 'em?

Cheers ,

Phil

Originally posted by phillb
i wont have to change speedo settings or anything?

Unless you go to a rediculous size and start cutting your arches to make wheels fit, you just use lower profile tyres on the larger wheels so that the overall rolling diameter is the same hence no speedo modification etc required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom