new AMG E63 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm a bit of a new by I'm afraid. I can't seem to find a link to the other thread........

Nice! It looks like the £20k Mocha black one from X-Drive motors in Leicester. I'm just down the road and was trying not to be very tempted. The light tan leather seats can't be on many.

We have been discussing the one I have listed on Autotrader on another thread. Is it the one in the link?

And welcome to the Forum! 👍
Great looking car. If only the wood was dark

I'm a bit of a new by I'm afraid. I can't seem to find a link to the other thread........

See post #20 on this thread, bottom of page 1.

I posted the link late, only a handful of minutes before your post above. Sometimes I notice that it takes the forum a few minutes to catch up with itself if there are multiple posts at around the same time and refreshing/going back to the thread sorts the ordering issues out.

It's this thread. It's a bit meandering and started off with a w211, but then quickly commented that for £20k your new car would be better value than the original w211 linked.
The main thrust was a question about the alleged £38k of options the advert said.

I do have a couple of questions.

- Do you like the wood colour, and have you considered getting the wood wrapped if you don't? (as I was um-ing and ah-ing about the car, one factor that put me off was additional spend required immediately on a wood wrap and decent alloy refurb).

- Does it have split folding rear seats. It looked like in one photo of the back seats I could see the joint in the seating indicating it does. If it does, it greatly improved the use flexibility of the car.

Again. Great purchase, and shod with Pirelli P Zero tyres. Say what you want about the tyre choice, but they are not cheap and indicates a previous owner who has maintained it.
There is/I've just seen a couple of W212 E63 cars that are currently for sale with Rapid P609 tyres and Accelera tyres, which puts me off from the point-of-view of the previous owner skimping, and the cost of chucking them all in the bin immediately on purchase (I guess I could smoke the rears in an Asda carpark late one night with the rest of the boys in their Civics, Fiestas and Ibizas).

And again, welcome to the forum. If you get stuck with any issues, this forum has proved invaluable time and time again for members in advice 👍
Wow - you guys went to town on that thread didn't you!

Before I went to see the car, I was fairly ambivalent about the wood trim - but when I saw it and the light coloured seats for real, I loved it. Looks really luxurious.

It does have folding seats. I used to have a new W212 E250 in 2010 and the split seats came in handy.

I'm in the middle of pricing up the extras from a price brochure that someone posted up.

The only thing wrong, is that the spare key doesn't work. X-Drive said it just needed a new battery. With a new battery, it says the key is not for that vehicle.

The only thing wrong, is that the spare key doesn't work. X-Drive said it just needed a new battery. With a new battery, it says the key is not for that vehicle.
Easy to test. Just try starting vehicle with key .. if correct key, should start even if no battery in key

I think it's definitely worth pushing them for a replacement. If you have the 'it just needs a new battery in writing' then that's even more fodder to convince them to stand behind what they advertised in the first place.

If you have nothing to lose relationship-wise with the trader (e.g. you're not dependent on them for future work/warranty backup) then you could even put the request in writing, along with a quote from replacementmercedeskey which I'm guessing will be around the £200-300 mark, asking them to rectify the issue within 14 days.

Separately to the minor niggle of the keys.
If I were you I'd be getting an independent inspection of the car by someone like PCS in Horndean or MBS in Southampton ASAP. Explain that you've just bought it, and need to know if there is anything to be concerned about.
I say ASAP because you have 30 days to reject the car. Beyond this it gets more difficult.
I expect there is nothing wrong, but it might be worth the peace of mind.

I think it's definitely worth pushing them for a replacement. If you have the 'it just needs a new battery in writing' then that's even more fodder to convince them to stand behind what they advertised in the first place.

If you have nothing to lose relationship-wise with the trader (e.g. you're not dependent on them for future work/warranty backup) then you could even put the request in writing, along with a quote from replacementmercedeskey which I'm guessing will be around the £200-300 mark, asking them to rectify the issue within 14 days.

Separately to the minor niggle of the keys.
If I were you I'd be getting an independent inspection of the car by someone like PCS in Horndean or MBS in Southampton ASAP. Explain that you've just bought it, and need to know if there is anything to be concerned about.
I say ASAP because you have 30 days to reject the car. Beyond this it gets more difficult.
I expect there is nothing wrong, but it might be worth the peace of mind.
I took it in to Hendy in Christchurch. Had it up on the ramps and they gave it a good look over. It's a really nice example. Resonators have been replaced with straight pipes.

I'm in the middle of pricing up the extras from a price brochure that someone posted up.
I'll be interested to see if you arrive at the same figure I did, which I posted in the other thread.

Great looking car which I'd been keeping an eye on since before Christmas. Enjoy!

I'll be interested to see if you arrive at the same figure I did, which I posted in the other thread.

Great looking car which I'd been keeping an eye on since before Christmas. Enjoy!
I totalled up all the optional extras and it came to £24,535.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom