New appendage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martyn_n

Car
W124 E320, W163 ML270 & W166 ML350
Ten minutes ago my daughter pointed out that something was sticking out of the letter box. Upon investigating I was pleasantly greeted one of the best things I have ever witnessed, indeed the girls could not believe that their daddy had got quite so excited about finding a knob sticking through a small orifice in a door; I really was like a kid who had found out that santa had visited and dumped his load in front of the fire place.

Before you go thinking that I live in some sort of glory hole I have to point out that the knob in question is a sportline one for my automatic 124, something I have wanted since I got the car but never succeeded in securing. Even though I am having to seriously consider selling the car I am so happy to splash out on this knob (no tittering please).

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 39
Next question, how on earth do I fit it??

Easy enough to fit. Remove the transmission tunnel wooden trim. The plastic bit slides backwards and then lifts out. There are a couple of screws that hold the centre storage box in place. Remove the box and you will discover the plate and drew holding the wood trim in place. You will then get access to the nut under the gear lever to release it.
Cant remember exactly but if I could do it it must have been easy.
I know just how you feel. A few years ago I got a new old stock sport line knob for ours off german e-bay

I can fit it if you come down here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom