New arrival - wife not happy, but I am alive to tell the tale..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigyank

Car
E320 sport W211
Ok folks - for those of you who have been following my previous threads:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40306
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=41385

the deed has been done and I am the proud/ecstatic/penniless/bruised/frightened owner of my very own schnellmobile luxotankbarge.

1989 560 in smoke silver. 106K on the clock 4 previous and a 95% complete service history.

So without further ado, here she is in all her hydrocarbon burning glory:

Attachments

• secfront1.jpg
    secfront1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 371
  • secside1.jpg
    secside1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 373
  • secsidelow1.jpg
    secsidelow1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Why isn't the wife happy.?
Maybe she thinks it needs different wheels or something..??

What a cracker. I *really* want one of those. Alas - they are still commanding silly sums of money here.

You might want to re-take that 1st picture though - the windscreen wipers don't look right. :)

a quickie of the interior with VIP passenger.

I will do a gallery thread once I get it all fettled but I desperately want/need to get a few things done prior to its 'photoshoot' Mainly bodywork - there are some worrying patches that need attending to, and the rear screen is going to have to come out to treat the rust (I know, should have checked more thoroughly).

I'll post some pics soon of the problem areas, but any suggestions on where to go to get the rear screen sorted out (and how) would be appreciated.

Apart from the rust, the only other 2 things that are not right are the aircon and cruise. Other than than she has been given a clean bill of health by 124works and mechanically is primo.

Spanking it from standstill it really does result in some impressive spins, and any eagerness to accelerate round a corner in the wet is met with a great fishtail reward.:rock:

I do want to modify the exhaust slightly to get more of a 'burble' as it doesn't scream "5.6 V8" - its a bit too quiet:devil::devil:
But fear not - I don't want to wake the neighborhood, I still want to waft along serenely - but just get a slightly more throaty sound.

Tomorrow I am mostly going shopping for some better speakers - and marriage guidance........:crazy:

Attachments

• secloretta.jpg
    secloretta.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 342
Absolutely stunning. I love 560's. The shape is classic MB IMHO. Is that your child in the passenger seat? She looks slightly terrified, if anything, it's an advert for just how big those cars and seats are compared to many modern "people carrier" cars.

Last edited:
I think the car is wonderful including the wheels, do check that the rear screen works, if you get a crackle on the radio when its on, then its faulty, so drop a brick accidentally through it.

I'm sure your wife is Older than the Benz so I think she can shut her mouth (with all due respect of course)

Nice car mate. I'm sure the smell will wear off with a good wash inside and out.

Enjoy :)

a quickie of the interior with VIP passenger.

Aha, I see the problem. Daughter has stolen front seat from wife. Wife has to scrable into back as its 2 door. So wife now number 2 girl for 2 reasons.

Now, I only know this because I have 2 seater car and 3 kids. Under great pressure to sell it - but my argument is that as we have 3 kids and you can't get 5 seater convertibles, a 2 seater is just as impracticle.

My summary. No quickie in the interior of that car for you mate.

R

A lovely looking car :D :rock: well done.

I think the car is wonderful including the wheels, do check that the rear screen works, if you get a crackle on the radio when its on, then its faulty, so drop a brick accidentally through it.

Good looking car.

That's what happened to the front and rear screens of my 560, on separate occasions of course, I could not believe how unlucky i was.

You need a body shop that has replaced the rear shelf before to make sure it's done correctly and a good windscreen fitter, not Autoglass or similar.

You might want to re-take that 1st picture though - the windscreen wipers don't look right. :)
It's sticking two fingers up at you....on behalf of Mrs Bigyank no doubt.

Looks great all the same

Does it fit in the garage?

Last edited:
"its old, its uneconomical, its old, it smells....." etc etc. The usual!:eek:

What is that!!!!! It is HUGE!!!! I said I wanted a SMALL car!!!!!

How do you expect me to drive and park that!!!

I will never get that huge old thing in the garage!! Even if I could would need to be a size zero model to get out!!

Arrrrgggghhh!! You have no idea of how stupid you are!!!! IT IS HORRIBLE!!

These were the charges hurled at a friend of mine when his partner needed a replacement for her Golf pronto. By chance he found "her" a real gem of a BMW 7 series LWB version. Excellent condition, less than 70,000 miles, FSH, fully loaded, everything worked and cheap because vendor wanted shot of it ASAP as he was leaving UK for good.

He now happily swans around Berkshire in the beast. She now has his old 5 series that was previously considered "too big"

Job done I would say. ;)

Hello

Looks very nice, don't know how you managed to wangle that with the little un,

Wife had an MX5 and I had a bmw 330 Convertible, baby here........now wife has a A class and I have an ML..

To be honest the ML is superb for chucking all the stuff in, I also get away with driving it much faster in europe as it feels like your hardly moving even at higher speeds... I miss roof down though!

ooh well I WILL get my toy one day (//M Z3 Roadster)

Ive seen it for real, and driven it, and i can tell you all its a good un!

Enjoy matey...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom