New baby in town!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex Argent

Car
E250 CDi Sport Auto
Well folks...it has finally happened :bannana: . Picked up the C320 Avantegarde yesterday and here it is. Photo is not too good but I'll try to get some better ones on here once I've had a chance to give it a complete valet and good coat of polish :) .

It's has the 'SE' pack.....folding mirrors, headlamp wash, xenons, etc. Sadly no Comand and.............no CD changer :confused: . Anyway, these omissions will no doubt be something to keep me (and my wallet) occupied during the spring/summer months :D .

It's as quiet as a whisper to drive, although emits a pleasing growl when footed........no doubt proportional to the speed of the fuel gauge needle moving anti-clockwise :crazy: .

It does have just a couple of minor blemishes on the front and rear skirts, which I'm hoping to polish out or get touched-in.

The only other visible problem is the offside front wheel, which has de-lacquered quite badly. I'm not sure whether or not to change with the Borbet wheels on my old W202 (as per lower piccie) or get hold of a new wheel from a dealer (the remaining 3 are okay...ish). I have come to really like the Borbet's now, however with the staggered front/rear set up, it means I can't change the four brand new Primacy tyres which came with the new car onto these. Minor issue I suppose, and in any case the tread on the existing Primacy tyres fitted to the Borbets are probably only a third down.

Any independent advice on whether the proposed change would suit the W203 greatly received ;) .

Time to placate 'er indoors again (I did treat her out to some posh nosh Saturday night ;) ).

Alex

Attachments

• C320.jpg
    C320.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 197
  • uk-CLK-coupe-wheelssuspension-410x220-05.jpg
    uk-CLK-coupe-wheelssuspension-410x220-05.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Beautiful car mate.

Health to enjoy.

Andrew

Nice. It's same colour as Mobeyone's former C320 and was only available for Avantgrade models prior to the face lift. The colour may even have been dropped now by MB possibly as I have not seen a single face lift car in that colour.

Edit: IMO you would be better off upgrading the current standrad alloys to something else like Electra or Adharaz as I don't like the standard wheels.

Well done Alex its looking great :bannana:

Colour looks like it could be 339 Violane Metallic which is the same as on my facelift W210 and was a colour only offered on the Avantgarde models.

I'm not sure whether or not to change with the Borbet wheels on my old W202 (as per lower piccie) Alex

The car looks great, I also like the look of the Borbet wheels.

Very nice! loverly colour - isnt that the same colour that Steve (MBenzNL) painted his w202?

Are you going to get some crystal clear headlights in the future?

Well done Alex its looking great :bannana:

Colour looks like it could be 339 Violane Metallic which is the same as on my facelift W210 and was a colour only offered on the Avantgarde models.

High-Lo,

The colour is Amethyst Violet metallic (code: 994).

Ironically, when I first viewed the car 'in the flesh', the only thing that I had a little concern about was the colour :confused: . However, everyone at home that's seen it, and the remarks above prove my doubt was unfounded!

Thanks for your comments - that gives me a bit of comfort now. Everything else looks (and works) fine......bar those wheels :crazy: .

The car looks great, I also like the look of the Borbet wheels.

Thanks Peter,

I'm 99% certain that I'm going to change the wheels (& tyres) from the old C240. Which means that whenever I get around to selling it, the buyer is going to get 4 x brand new Michelin Pilot Primacy tyres (fitted 650 miles back) + one de-lacquered wheel :D . (I jest - I'll be looking around for a replacement wheel on eBay before I advertise it).

Alex

Very nice! loverly colour - isnt that the same colour that Steve (MBenzNL) painted his w202?

Are you going to get some crystal clear headlights in the future?

Bi xenons would be better...;)

I didn't realise the difference :rolleyes: . I'm assuming from your comments that I only have Xenon main beam? I certainly noticed a vast difference when switching from dipped to main beam on the way back home from London last night!

On this subject, is there a conversion 'kit' available to full Bi-xenons, or do I have to change the entire light units?

Cheers,

Alex

If the wheels aren't kerbed, maybe you should try and get a goodwill contribution from your local MB dealer?

I didn't realise the difference :rolleyes: . I'm assuming from your comments that I only have Xenon main beam? I certainly noticed a vast difference when switching from dipped to main beam on the way back home from London last night!

On this subject, is there a conversion 'kit' available to full Bi-xenons, or do I have to change the entire light units?

Cheers,

Alex

ive never driven with xenons , only ever Bi xenons. When i put main beam on with the bi xenons its like daylight , But i just think it makes you want it all the time , so its used sparingly :)

As for the conversion kit , i wouldnt bother. £650 for a pair of bi xenons from MBenzNL the last time i spoke to him about it. Price is prob more now.

Offset the cost of selling the ones youve got fitted and the aftermarket kit if avalible will just look silly in money terms , not to mention not exactly being kosher.

If you had xenons then the ligh output would be bright blue/white and not yellow (ish). Bi xenons then phased the xenons out on the MB range from mid 2003.

Below are pics of bi xenon headlamps. The lenses are fully crystal clear where in comparison the face lift halgoen headlamps are not. Bi xenon headlamps also have crystal clear fog lamps as standard.

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

Below is a pic of the standard halogen crystal clear headlamp on the face lift W203. As you can see there is a noticeable difference in comparison to the bi xenon headlamps above.

4893334491202006122838PM.JPG

Last edited:
If the wheels aren't kerbed, maybe you should try and get a goodwill contribution from your local MB dealer?

G40 - thanks. Yes, I had also thought of this, and no, they haven't been kerbed. The de-lacquering seems to be worse towards the centre of the wheel. Regrettably, the car is now 3 years and a couple of months old so I really doubt whether the dealer will be interested. However, it's obviously worth a try.....even if I get them to agree to a part contribution ;) .

Having given the car a very quick clean today and taken a closer look all round, the remaining wheels are not as good as I first thought. I am definitely going to change over to the Borbets from my C240. I think they'll look the dogs dangly bits :D . Piccies to follow once they're on :bannana: .

That's a gorgeous colour and one that deserves a thorough polish!! I think the Borbets will suit her well.

If you had xenons then the ligh output would be bright blue/white and not yellow (ish). Bi xenons then phased the xenons out on the MB range from mid 2003.

Below are pics of bi xenon headlamps. The lenses are fully crystal clear where in comparison the face lift halgoen headlamps are not. Bi xenon headlamps also have crystal clear fog lamps as standard.

Flash.....thanks for your efforts on all of this. It would appear that I don't have xenons at all then :( .

From what Fuzzer says, £650 is a lotta dosh whatever way you look at it. Maybe I'll give it some thought later on, but there are a few other things I'd like to get done first..........MB Club Vinyl no. 1 (of course :D )......can't get the old one off

That's a gorgeous colour and one that deserves a thorough polish!! I think the Borbets will suit her well.

Thanks Jeremy.

The consensus of opinion is overwhelming. Everyone on here and back home seems to really like the colour :bannana: , and 9/10 say the Borbets will look good :bannana: .

So, it's definitely a wheel change over the weekend :bannana:

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom