New battery for CLK 209. OEM?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan-mb

Car
E350 CDI coupe, CLS 320 CDI
The main battery has been causing me problems recently and now wont go 48hours without going flat.
The car is in constant use so im hoping it just down to cold weather and the battery age.

Can anyone recommend a good battery for a CLK 240 (209) 2.6 V6.
do i go OEM or does it not matter?

I cant find the OEM spec for my model does anyone know what it is or how i can find it out?

Thanks in advance!

Any branded battery will be fine just go to euro car parts website type in your reg and it will throw up a whole host of options just choose a brand you have heard of.

However MB dealers are usually very competitive on batteries so could be the same cost as ECP for a manufacturer one

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Bosch, Varta, Exide, are all good, top quality batteries. I just bought a Bosch 'silver' 100ah battery with 5yrs warranty from a motor factor for my ML, it cost £105

Last edited:
Any branded battery will be fine just go to euro car parts website type in your reg and it will throw up a whole host of options just choose a brand you have heard of.

However MB dealers are usually very competitive on batteries so could be the same cost as ECP for a manufacturer one

Thanks, i looked on their site yesterday it gave me lots of options so i was not sure if they were all correct. Ill give MB a ring see if they have a competitive price.

Bosch, Varta, Exide, are all good, top quality batteries. I just bought a Bosch 'silver' 100ah battery with 5yrs warranty from a motor factor for my ML, it cost £105
Thanks, it has a bosch battery in it atm but i could not read the spec on it.

As posted above, MB tend to be very competitive on battery pricing. Buy from the dealership in the knowledge it's the correct spec and the fact you get 2yrs warranty. If your dealer is as accommodating as mine, they'll fit it FOC as well

as above ^^ Mb are very competitive.

Ive just got a quote of MB for OEM battery they quoted me £144 for the battery and £72 to fit it......... crikey. So im going to get a Bosch BatteryS5 019 5 Year Guarantee
Part Number: 444770198 from ECP. I cant understand how MB can charge that much to replace a battery.

Go to mb. They did me a great deal. Lobbed it in the boot and changed it at home.

I got my main battery for under 100 from mb. Say your part of a club. I get 10% off all parts.
Not much. But it's better that a slap in the face with a wet kipper. !!!

Ive just got a quote of MB for OEM battery they quoted me £144 for the battery and £72 to fit it.

Have to admit, I did smile when I read the posts that MB are competitive on batteries, the above confirms my thoughts!

Out of interest, I just called my local MB dealership and they also quoted me £144 (inc vat) plus fitting!

When i was on the phone to MB i tried a little haggle,I thought with it being the season of goodwill i might get somewhere! but nope! since then i have spoke to my indy dealer where i brought the car from W.D.M cars in Birmingham and they said they will do it for £120 fitted and thats for the OEM battery. Same battery and fitted from the indy is half the price of the stealership!

guess it depends on the dealer!

the indi will get it on trade discount from the dealer and prob nothing to fit.

I fitted mine myself but paid under £100 for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom