New battery, keeps going dead??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was never able to get my battery drain issue sorted but now that garages are open, I took the car to my local mechanic and he tells me it's a fault with the Headlight Control unit but as he is quite deaf, communications with him can be a problem and so I was not able to understand what this is or where it is located, he's told me to get a second hand part from Ebay and he will then change it and meanwhile to just disconnect the battery when the car is not being used.
Can anyone please tell me what the headlight control unit is? where is it located on the car? hope I can get enough of an understanding of the part to be able to source one on ebay

Thanks Grober, No I did manage to work out, he definetely did not mean the switch, he repeated several times, Headlight Control Unit???

No I do not have Xenon headlights, just standard, which are very poor at night, mine is a 2007 SE 180CDI, the only extra thing it has are leather seats but not heated or electric

I have googled many times but all I keep getting is a headlight ballast, I just can't think this is what the mechanic means? is this the cause of my battery drain? what I could understand was that he said it's not the light switch but that when that is set to auto lights and I take the key out and shot down car, the lights go off but the headlight control unit continues to draw a current and drains the battery?

sorted, problem was the telephone cradle and original Mercedes Radio
Glad you resolved the problem and reported back here how you resolved it,

The tel cradle and Radio seems a long way off the 'headlight control unit', perhaps that is why it took so long in resolving this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom