New Battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

I may have to change the battery in my bro's W124 E220 because it has not been driven for a while. What brand of battery do you guys use and is it worth paying the extra to get one from the stealership?

BTW: Who makes MB's Batteries for them is it Bosch, Hella, Varta or some other company?

Regards

Tan

Varta last time i checked, i would just get a normal 3 yr warranty one from your local motor factor. Never noticed the difference myself.

Varta,Varta,Varta,---The best,fortunately i have a pal who is the manager of a battery company and i don't have to pay full price:D :D :D

There isn't much to chose between modern batteries. Hoppeke, Bosch, Varta are all good - Halfords 'own brand' is also good. Avoid eastern european batteries from ex 'communist bloc' countries. In the last couple of years we have started to see an increase (across the board) in lead acid battery life, from an average failure at 3-4 years to average failure at 4-5 years. This is based on annual turnover of typically 130,000 tonnes of batteries.

You lot out there should change your batteries regularly to keep me in a job.

Paul Grainger - Chief Engineer HJ Enthoven & Sons - Europes leading secondary lead smelter and recycler of lead acid batteries. See our web site hjenthoven.co.uk if you are interested.

PM Jimmy he can get you stuff like that cheap!

Originally posted by Koolvin
PM Jimmy he can get you stuff like that cheap!

Exide, Varta or Delta from me but not by mail order I'm afraid.

The carriers dont like acid.:confused:

Cheers guys

Got a Bosch battery in the end. came with 4 Years warranty from Bosch and lifetime from the supplier. cost about £42.

Regards

Tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom