New BB Bold

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by Tan, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Tan

Tan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
    Hi

Does anyone know when the new BB Bold 9900 will be released in the UK?

Many thanks

Tan

2. Sp!ke

Sp!ke Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    SL500 & The Fart Car
    I was at the Blackberry World conference in May and at the time they just said "sometime this summer".

I've subsequently seen a few threads suggesting it might be delayed until September. Nothing firm though.

Having had a play with a 9900, I'm not sure what the excitement is about. Sure it is slimmer and has a new OS but for real world use, I'm not sure you'll really so many improvements over a handset running OS 6. I dont get the point of a touch screen as well as the touchpad and they didnt really seem to work together very well. Besides I dont like the format of the bigger 9900 models over the 9780's.

If the QNX OS is as buggy as my playbook then I'm not sure I want to be an early adopter either. Whilst I do like my playbook, I wouldnt say the OS is ready for public consumption.

1 person likes this.
  3. A-AvantGarde

A-AvantGarde Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2014 BMW F06 640d GC, 2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 (no Mercs at the mo!)
    Mid June / July is what we were told. Have you tried registering your interest?

BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Full Keyboard & Touch Screen BlackBerry Bold

I'm sure a bit of digging around on the Internet may uncover something more concrete...

Tags: