New BBQ Gas or Charcoal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GAS !!!:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Also buy yourself the Weber BBQ chimney for lighting the charcoal. My future SIL is a charcoal freak, as is his father. Bought future SIL one for Xmas, he was so impressed by how quickly and easily it lights lumpwood or briquette, he bought one for his Dad - who can't believe how easy it is compared to his years of matyrdom with newspaper, fire lighters, lighting fluid, smoke etc etc etc!!

also, get a BBQ with hood and upper shelf - means you can put a smoke chip container in the charcoal and drop the hood for smoke flavours, plus lift fatty stuff onto the shelf to avoid flare-ups.

You won't be able to do rotisserie though - for that you need a gas BBQ with back burner - something I now would not be without!!

Also buy yourself the Weber BBQ chimney for lighting the charcoal. My future SIL is a charcoal freak, as is his father. Bought future SIL one for Xmas, he was so impressed by how quickly and easily it lights lumpwood or briquette, he bought one for his Dad - who can't believe how easy it is compared to his years of matyrdom with newspaper, fire lighters, lighting fluid, smoke etc etc etc!!

also, get a BBQ with hood and upper shelf - means you can put a smoke chip container in the charcoal and drop the hood for smoke flavours, plus lift fatty stuff onto the shelf to avoid flare-ups.

You won't be able to do rotisserie though - for that you need a gas BBQ with back burner - something I now would not be without!!

Thanks for the tips, you can do rotisserie, my neighbours stuck a chicken on just before I left just like THIS

Thanks for the tips, you can do rotisserie, my neighbours stuck a chicken on just before I left just like THIS

Difference is, with back burner I can have a tray of water, wine and herbs under the joint (as well as my smoke chips), any juices that escape the joint and the self basting rotation drop onto the water tray not onto the fire. Joint stays lovely and moist - I reckon it cooks better than in an oven.

Charcoal rotisserie, heat source is from below so you don't get the same self basting as with a back burner, also any juices that escape drop straight onto the fire.

Difference is, with back burner I can have a tray of water, wine and herbs under the joint (as well as my smoke chips), any juices that escape the joint and the self basting rotation drop onto the water tray not onto the fire. Joint stays lovely and moist - I reckon it cooks better than in an oven.

Charcoal rotisserie, heat source is from below so you don't get the same self basting as with a back burner, also any juices that escape drop straight onto the fire.

It is too configured so juices don't drop onto the fire you can put the water tray or wine and herbs or smoke chips on the mesh above the charcoal but directly below the cooking surface, so the juices dont drop onto the coals. I agree it limits what you can do it's either rotisserie or grill but that's the compromise I've made

New BBQ

Purchase made and 40% off in sale so a bargain, I'm now the proud owner of a fully assembled Weber one touch Premium 57cm charcoal BBQ :bannana:

Attachments

• weber.png
    weber.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 8
^^^^ Congrats, it looks good!

Mine is Dancook from Homebase. Still made in Denmark.

fullsize.jpg

^^^^ Congrats, it looks good!

Mine is Dancook from Homebase. Still made in Denmark.

fullsize.jpg

Ooh I like that one a proper grill with adjustable cooking height, Nice :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom