New BBQ time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cooked two beef burgers one day last week...10 minutes all in...gas of course.

Cook them quicker in a griddle (George Foreman type) without going outside:D Gas is for cookers not BBQ's, setting fire to solid fuel is the only way:thumb::thumb:

Beauty of gas is, when you get a run of good days like we're having now, I can pop out and do some bacon for lunch - no mucky pans, grills, George Foreman contraptions to clean!

Cook them quicker in a griddle (George Foreman type) without going outside:D Gas is for cookers not BBQ's, setting fire to solid fuel is the only way:thumb::thumb:

But you have to clean the GF, that's after taking it out and plugging it in, and putting it away after...15mins I'd say.

I am a great fan of char grilling over coals, also in tandoors (more the result than me doing it - I'd love one at home but it would probably explode in a rain shower) but the excellent Bosphorus kebab house just along the road uses gas and the results are quite superb. It is all about a very high charring temperature and moving the food around to avoid burning.

But you have to clean the GF, that's after taking it out and plugging it in, and putting it away after...15mins I'd say.

Clean? Take it out? Put it away? No you don't not if you work away from home, have a little rented flat, hence living on my lonesome during the week oh and are an ex squadie so have a stomach capable of dealing with any dubious bugs etc. 1 & 1/2 min warm up, 3 min cook time, 1/2 min wipe with a paper towel. 5 mins all done bar the eating.:D

Beauty of gas is, when you get a run of good days like we're having now, I can pop out and do some bacon for lunch - no mucky pans, grills, George Foreman contraptions to clean!

250 mile round trip to get to my Weber so no bacon sarnies anyway at lunchtime. Plus I'd be even fatter than I already am if I devoured cooked pig sarnies every lunch.:D

I have Weber gas BBQ.

Excellent piece of kit and the actual grill weighs a ton!

It heats up in no time at all the temp guage just whizzes up.

Agreed with the posters the food tastes great!

Hi

Thanks for all of the advice, I have decided that it will be a weber and now I can't decide between a 57cm One Touch Premium and a Q200 or Q220 Gas model?

Does the food really taste the same on a gas as a Charcoal?

Hi

Thanks for all of the advice, I have decided that it will be a weber and now I can't decide between a 57cm One Touch Premium and a Q200 or Q220 Gas model?

Does the food really taste the same on a gas as a Charcoal?

Yes - and better as you've more control.

Plus you can use smoke chips (wood chips soaked in water then wrapped in tinfoil) to really add to the taste. Also, get a good gas BBQ that has a rotisserie and back burner, do your Sunday roast on it with a catch tray of water, wine and herbs under the joint - wonderful. I've rotisseried prime rib, pork leg or loin, lamb leg, chicken, poussins, partridges, better than in a conventional oven! My SS BBQ lives outdoors year round, just covered for winter.

Never been a fan of gas BBQ, . I don see the point either, may as well cook inside. Itś a bit like an electric car with a speaker system to make is sound like petrol car.

Ours is a stone one with a chimney, now the weather is warmer we use it most days. You can´t get the same effect on a nice bit of fish with a gas BBQ. We´ve also got a slot for a rotisserie which we´ve not used, desperate to get a whole chicken on there smothered with Piri Piri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom