New Benz radios

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

komarme

Car
The one left in the driveway
Hello
I would like to introduce my self as I am new to the forum. I am Konrad and I have a 97 C Class. My question is does anyone know what brand of radio is being installed in the new Mercedes Benz range. In other words have they stopped using Blaupunkt. My radio was stolen and I was infomed by the company replacing the unit that the new range were geting Alpine units so mine would be replaced with an Alpine not a Blaupunkt which was stolen.

Thanks
Konrad

I always thought they were Beckers, but the factory auto changer on my C-class is an Alpine by the look of it - green eject button, when every other light on the dash is amber!! :confused:

I think your right. The previous owner must have replaced the original unit with a Balupunkt. If I remember correctly my mothers first Merc, a 1986 SD had a Becker radio.

Thanks
Konrad

When I bought my C180, the factory choices were either Blaupunkt or Sony.

Mercedes have traditionally used Becker for OEM (Mercedes branded) radios, in the UK in the early to mid 1990's Blaupunkt & Sony were the main ones offered.

Our '96 W202 came with a Blaupunkt (later replaced by me with a Sony) and the '97 W140 had a Sony head unit.

My W210 E Class's Audio 10 unit is actually built by Alpine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom