New BMW 520d M-Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
After 15 years of Mercedes I've moved over to the Dark Side:eek:
Last week i had delivered a brand new -
BMW 520d M-Sport Auto
M-Sport Plus Package
Professional Navigation Multi-Media
Split/Fold Rear Seats
Space Grey
Oyster Leather

Click to Enlarge

I tried Mercedes,Jaguar,Audi,Volvo, BMW 3 & 4 Series but nothing really Wow'd me. I would get back into my W203 and it was like putting a comfy pair of old trainers back on !
I then sat in the 5 Series and Wow ! haha it was pure luxury/comfort !
My W203 has gone to my m8 so I'll still be in contact haha :thumb:

What are the F10 5 series like? I'm consider one to replace my w204 c220cdi next year.

Either that or the F30 330d/335d x drive with the m performance kit

What are the F10 5 series like? I'm consider one to replace my w204 c220cdi next year.

Either that or the F30 330d/335d x drive with the m performance kit
It's obviously massive step from my 2003 C-Class, It's full of Technology which is going to take a while getting used to. The drive to me is like a magic carpet ride, it just floats ! I've not driven it hard yet as it's only a week old, I'm just getting used to the size and the car itself !

Nice car

If you post the IMG links they come out bigger

Very nice!!! Best spec and colour!!!!

I'm biased
3d327404234dd4c79c9558e9efb3b61a.jpg

Aletank said:
It's obviously massive step from my 2003 C-Class, It's full of Technology which is going to take a while getting used to. The drive to me is like a magic carpet ride, it just floats ! I've not driven it hard yet as it's only a week old, I'm just getting used to the size and the car itself !

Thanks for the reply. Is the 2.0 unit powerful enough for the 5 series? I'm considering the 530d or even the 535d in m sport spec

Thanks for the reply. Is the 2.0 unit powerful enough for the 5 series? I'm considering the 530d or even the 535d in m sport spec
It's got 190 bhp with the 8 speed auto which was part of a 2014 minor facelift. Seems like loadsa power to me, don't think I've been above 1500 rpm at the minute though, mostly sits just above 1000 rpm !

520d is a surprisingly good car especially with the 8 speed box. Brother in law has one and it's a great car. Ours is a 535d and it really goes like a stabbed rat when required. Very little midrange will get away from it. Had a E61 535d DMS at 176mph (was still accelerating) on GPS at a private race track so they are very capable cars.

I have an F10 with split folding seats. Makes for a surprisingly practical car. All of the 520d's I've driven have performed well with decent mpg.

Looks great - really love the look of it. Fine looking 5 series.

I am seriously considering one of these as my "normal car" in the next few years - or the shape out now!

Last one I had was an E39 and that was an excellent car.

Thanks for the reply. Is the 2.0 unit powerful enough for the 5 series?

Even the 2007/57 E60 520d manual I drove once had plenty of oomph to overtake - and that was when I had my E55K...

It's subjective though as what I deem acceptable might not be to you - so you should try them.

Saying that, the engines have improved as have the gearboxes. Having been in a colleagues 420d recently with an 8 speed auto - this felt even quicker!

I went from a E220cdi coupe to my current 520d.

The E Coupe was beautiful to look at and had split rear seats. It had a slight edge on steering sharpness.

That's about it

The 520 has a smoother engine, more power and a sweeter gearbox. It is more economical to boot.

Had a 520d for 50 weeks now, wifes daily and our weekend mile muncher, covered 500 miles a week.
The whole thing is lovely,comfyrefined, but that 190 bhp never feels it, its lacking a bit when you need it pulling out or i need to be in that space, i call it the peanut engine.
I find the brakes a bit lacking after initial bite,lots of additional pedal travel to get more stopping.
I wear reading specs and some of the graphics on the heater control are hard to discern due to size and i dont like the auto wiper led on the RH stalk being behind the steering wheel rim.
Car is nimble for its size and has good body control.

the interior is very very nice,nice little engine map will finish it off,great choice

My local dealer has SE spec 5'ers brand new at around £26k

I got about the same which paid for the expensive options - B&O, LEDs etc

Is the B&O any good in it?

I've noticed they switched to B&W on the latest 5.

Is the B&O any good in it?

I've noticed they switched to B&W on the latest 5.

It's good but I'm not sure it's worth the money. However the stereo in my Phantom makes anything sound mediocre so I have been rather spoilt.

It's good but I'm not sure it's worth the money. However the stereo in my Phantom makes anything sound mediocre so I have been rather spoilt.

Ewwwwww, check you?!? Chauffeur??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom