New BMW 'Joy' advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
OK I will probably get flamed for this and not sure how new it is?

Just seen an advert for BMW's and it was really good, liked it... shows the new the old, the classics etc.

Little Biased as I had a Z3 and 330 convertible and also like some of the new stuff.

ok let the moaning start.............

Most interesting car add in ages. They have all become a bit mundane nowadays.

I was thinking the same its rare for manufacturers to acknowledge the enthusiasts

+1 smart advert showing where they have come from and where they are going :)

now... if only Mercedes could top that!

+1 smart advert showing where they have come from and where they are going :)

now... if only Mercedes could top that!

About a month after I collected my car, I received a book and DVD in the post from MB, the story of MB and their heritage and history. They just need to condense that into a 30 second ad!

sounds very cool. i'd be interested in that. love old cars, but never been able to understand all the different names for them like my dad did (but he's ancient enough to have been around with the dinosaurs)

I agree- I thought it very good.
Almost makes me want to get a BMW again.... but not enough to get rid of the Mercs!

About a month after I collected my car, I received a book and DVD in the post from MB, the story of MB and their heritage and history. They just need to condense that into a 30 second ad!
Rather than showing the headlights of some anonymous car that's driving through rain or fog then fade to an MB star? MB's adverts (on the rare occasion that they make one) are becoming a bit like perfume ads, y'know: arty and confusing.

Really like this new BMW ad too.

Just saw it again now. Also received the Joy brochure in the post inviting us to the dealer for a 2 day test drive weekend that they're running. The Joy brochure also features the new 5 Series GT, not sure if they have those available to view yet in the UK though.

Definitely a clever campaign, lightens their brand while still maintaining the premium positioning.

When I did some consultancy at MB UK a few years back, we used to have access to all the ads MB produced. The UK decided not to run most of them, preferring to run print ads focussed to their target audience.

Now that the range has expanded considerably and the target audience has got wider, then TV might be OK. However, it's expensive (still) and MB have a very good brand presence in the local market.

Myy favourites are the S-Class "Missing Hamster" (shows that they have a sense of humour...) and the brand message based on "Oh Lord, won't you buy me..." that showed a number of older (and newer) models with their owners and a kid playing with a shoebox on which they had drawn a star on the front.

Didnt the original TV ad with 'Oh lord wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz' have a similar theme showing different people driving all the different Mercedes models from bottom to top??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom