New Bocsh battery on 60% Charged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK32AMG

Car
SLK32 AMG
My new battery arrived today and after fitting and setting windows etc I decided to test it with my ring charger and it said it was only 60% charged, is this normal to have a new top quality £90 5 year guarantee battery arrive not fully charged ?

Not sure whether I should ring Euro car Parts and ask for another

Don't want to start having it fail on me although it did start car ok.

Yes it does happen. We always load test them before fitting.
I would expect at 60% it has been sitting around for a while ( probably on a concrete floor)

I bought four Bosch 110v leisure batteries for our caravan, one after the other, all from Costco. All completely dead, and each returned. I gave up and bought a Lucas. I never expected that I would ever favour Lucas to Bosch based upon quality and reliability!!!

Last edited:
I bought four Bosch 110v leisure batteries for our caravan, one after the other, all from Costco. All completely dead, and each returned. I gave up and bought a Lucas. I never expected that I would ever favour Lucas to Bosch based upon quality and availability!!!

Yes I tend to get the feeling it could be trouble, I have notified them saying that battery was only on 60% and I would monitor it for a week or so, I have a good quality battery tester, but lent it to someone so im going to get that back and go from there.

Just get one from Merc. I had a great deal on a new battery from the main dealer. They beat all Internet prices !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom