New Body Shop - Broxburn, West Lothian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fgaffney

Car
1999 C200 Sport
I bought my Dec.'99 W202 last Monday from a local dealer and believe I picked it up at a good price (under 9k with 44k miles on the clock) due to some 'minor' paintwork repairs needing done. Before buying the car I had been told by a family member and MB owner that the paintwork should be covered under warranty but to be honest I was a bit sceptical. :eek:

Despite my scepticism I decided to buy the car as it was in otherwise beautiful condition with good paperwork and I was prepared to pay for the 'touch ups' out of my own pocket if I had to.

Today I took the car into the brand new MB bodyshop in Broxburn for a warranty claim and I have to say I was well impressed!!! The service I received was excellent and the chap went over the car looking at all the areas I pointed out to him. When I was finished he started pulling back the rubber door seals to reveal rust I hadn't even noticed. :(

After photographing everything and measuring paint depth he assured me that 'everything' was warranty covered. The car should be approved in a week or two for both front and rear wheel arches, laquer flaking on FOS wing, rust on foot of drivers door and rust on both rear doors (below rubber seals).

The bodyshop only opened 2 months ago and has all the latest equipment including brand new ovens so I'm expecting an excellent job.

As a first time Mercedes customer I have to say that my short period of ownership has been a joy. :bannana:

Thats good to know , we might need a respray on a wing with nano particle clearcoat on it. Im sure they will have the stuff to do it there

that's Eastern Western Accident Repair Centre isn't it? That's their new garage. They used to be in Loanhead. Excellent firm. Not cheap, but treat you really well. They repaired my car last year.

You're right... it is Easter Western and they have moved from Loanhead. Their new premises is the mutts nutts... huge!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom