New boot drain trim fitted on E class W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W1ghty

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi and CLK200
Bit the bullet the other day and rang MB Grangemouth (Parts dept) for some new rear boot drain/trim parts . Fearing that worst , I left Euan with the job of deciphering my email pictures as to which bits I needed .
He came back to me with the grand price delivered of £24 ish .
The parts arrived today , so I removed the manky broken and leaking old parts . I had already resealed the foam around the rear light clusters with sealant the other day .
I cleaned up the muck that was underneath and used sealant under the boot rubber that runs around the whole boot opening , before fitting the shiny new parts .
Finished just as the rain started.
Thanks MB Grangemouth parts dept for fast efficient and very well priced service , roll on the next failure
6FE6FC95-A533-43B3-A56E-A4A5513A1BDE.jpegF7355701-79BD-4003-8305-EBA985355CA6.jpeg

That’s looking fresh. It reminds me I need a pair. Do you have the part numbers by any chance?
Thanks

That looks fanrastic. Maybe you can help me. On my 2004 w211 there is a hard rubber seal between the body work and the side drain channel. I have been trying to sorce this but cant find it anywhere. Any ideas

That looks fanrastic. Maybe you can help me. On my 2004 w211 there is a hard rubber seal between the body work and the side drain channel. I have been trying to sorce this but cant find it anywhere. Any ideas
Thanks buddy . Post a picture of the part you are talking about , I’m sure someone will help .
MB parts will always help with a picture as well

one of the first things I done on my latest E55, old ones were tired and cracked, freshens it up nicely :)

Hey W1ghty, I've got the same part to replace soon. I wanted to ask where you applied the sealant and which sealant you used also?

Thanks

Nice job

Hey W1ghty, I've got the same part to replace soon. I wanted to ask where you applied the sealant and which sealant you used also?

Thanks
I used an rtv black sealant , I took the rear lights out and put a bead around the front and back of the foam seal . I also put some sealant where the trim push fit fixings go into the bodywork.
When the lights were back in place with their new sealant , I squeezed a big “wodge “ of sealant along the side of the foam seal where it meets the channel around the side of the boot . It seemed to me that if any water got under the trim it had a tendency to run down to the foam seal by the light fittings . This was an attempt to keep any water away from the lights/foam seal .
So far it’s all worked well , still dry

If you do one side at a time , you have the other side as a reference if you mess up how it all goes back together :rolleyes:

I used an rtv black sealant , I took the rear lights out and put a bead around the front and back of the foam seal . I also put some sealant where the trim push fit fixings go into the bodywork.
When the lights were back in place with their new sealant , I squeezed a big “wodge “ of sealant along the side of the foam seal where it meets the channel around the side of the boot . It seemed to me that if any water got under the trim it had a tendency to run down to the foam seal by the light fittings . This was an attempt to keep any water away from the lights/foam seal .
So far it’s all worked well , still dry
If you do one side at a time , you have the other side as a reference if you mess up how it all goes back together :rolleyes:
😅
Rtv sealant
Thanks for that, much appreciated!

@W1ghty So, I've fitted these now too, but wanted to ask you if the lower part of the plastic trim where it reaches bottom of the boot and curves in are you plastic edges here underneath or on top of the boot rubber seal trim?

@W1ghty So, I've fitted these now too, but wanted to ask you if the lower part of the plastic trim where it reaches bottom of the boot and curves in are you plastic edges here underneath or on top of the boot rubber seal trim?
On top of the rubber seal at the bottom buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom