New boy! First time merc ownership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

orangeknight

Car
2001 CLK 230K
Hi all…. glad I found this place as we have bought a 2nd car that happens to be a 2001 CLK 230K, auto, coupe which appears to have more history with it than than the Mary Rose!!! Went to see it this week and was really really impressed with the amount of maintenance that it has had, the majority being preventative and done by a complete tinkering enthusiast.

You just get a feeling when looking at cars…. the kind of feeling you get from the seller that makes you think….. you're telling lies and i don't like you; or this car is mint and you have really looked after it well and you are very genuinely a lover of cars! (we got the latter)

So, we pick it up on Sunday and really looking forward to it. It didn't cost the earth and the engine (4cyl) sounded as sweet as a nut and so did the gearbox on the test drive. The wheel arches are showing a few bubbles but I'm not overly concerned and the wheels could do with a bit refurbishing.

Looking forward to chatting.
Cheers,
O.K

Sounds like the op has found a good genuine well looked after car. In my experience there aren't really too many of these around. I'd get the arch rust done though, sooner rather than later. If not too bad why not diy ?

Welcome. There a good few past & current CLK owners here, so plenty of advice, info available.

Sounds like the op has found a good genuine well looked after car. In my experience there aren't really too many of these around. I'd get the arch rust done though, sooner rather than later. If not too bad why not diy ?

its not that bad….. its just the pairing part that I'm nervous about!

Welcome! I'm a fellow newbie too so enjoy the forum!

Welcome to the forum, from another new member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom