New Boy on the block

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuonopepper

Car
GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
Evening!

I'm due to pick my 14 plate C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus up this Friday so I thought I'd pop a post up and say hi.

The car is in white with COMMAND, heated seats and sunroof.

Got a very good deal on it as it was a stock car and with the 'new' C Class coming dealers seem to be prepared to knock big numbers off and throw in free servicing for 3 years to get the business which is nice, especially as I prefer the current to the forthcoming model.

I'm hoping with mine being an 'older' model any issues I come across will be well known and easily sorted.

I'm never owned a Mercedes so this will be a departure from the various things I've owned before, in premium brand land that's BMW and Audis really, the motor I have just got rid of was an Insignia VXR (utter pig!).

I had ordered a new Mk 3 Octavia VRS back in December but it seems Skoda are in a right mess with delivery dates (ie. original 20 week lead went to 'no idea') so I cancelled and begun a quest for plan B, along with many others who have ordered VRS's from what I see on the forums!

It came down to a Jag XF 200, Audi A6 Black ultra or the C Class and here I am!

Welcome to the forum.

I think Skoda are probably a victim of their own success.

Two totally different types of cars between plan A and B but I think you'll enjoy plan B, just in different ways.

It came down to a Jag XF 200, Audi A6 Black ultra or the C Class and here I am!

Welcome to the forum :)

Looking at the above, why C class?
In line with your other options I would consider E class as more equivalent to other cars you have mentioned.

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a nice car with good spec. Post some pictures when you have it! :D

Hello and welcome to you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Welcome to the forum :)

Looking at the above, why C class?
In line with your other options I would consider E class as more equivalent to other cars you have mentioned.

I do agree, the E maps more to those alternatives, however I started at C Class size as I don't need the space, wifey has the big bus for the family duties.

I wanted premium alternatives.

Audi - better financials on the A6 than the A4 when looking at discounts, residuals etc so it was a case with the A6 of more for the same when compared to the A4. That said none of the good deals were on the quattro versions which may have swung it, I've has Audi's before (Q7, A5) and in the end just wanted to try something different. The interior of C250 AMG Sport Plus also won me over, such a nice place to be, plus they had stock cars available, Audi was factory build.

Jag - Don;t really have a smaller option, lovely and also 'British' but just not ready to be a jag driver yet.

Hi & welcome, as you say there's a lot to be said for picking up an 'end of line' car rather than beta-testing a new model!

Welcome mate, I too am new to MB ownership.

Sounds like you have had a lot of nice cars! I also much prefer the C class that is going EOL over the new shape, however, I do like the new shape's front end, it is lovely.

There is a video on youtube at the moment which has the factory process for the new C-class, actually really interesting to watch how they put the c-class together with the aid of robots.

Love the fresh 14 plate, would drive that around every day for six months for people to see the car with that fresh plate on.

Welcome mate, I too am new to MB ownership.

Sounds like you have had a lot of nice cars! I also much prefer the C class that is going EOL over the new shape, however, I do like the new shape's front end, it is lovely.

There is a video on youtube at the moment which has the factory process for the new C-class, actually really interesting to watch how they put the c-class together with the aid of robots.

Love the fresh 14 plate, would drive that around every day for six months for people to see the car with that fresh plate on.

Cars are a weakness that's for sure. I'm lucky enough to indulge a bit due to car allowance from employer.

I'll take a look at the video - thanks.

Yes, I'll be enjoying the 14 plate for 6 months then the personal plate I got bought one year by wifey will likely go on.

Hi Tuonopepper
im exactly the same! this saturday im picking up my 2014 plate C250cdi auto sport plus in white, pan roof, heated seats, becker etc...got an amazing deal, great price in p/x for my 2012 C220 cdi, which i have to say has been fantastic, but really wanted a white sport plus...praying it will stay dry!

this will be my 3rd New C class, since 2011, but i just love this current shape, as soon as i saw the new CLA/new A class/new C class creation,(is it me or does it look like an S type jag at the back???) i knew i wanted to get one of the current model before they all go..

didnt have much choice either, was a lot of C180 sport plus available, but i wanted the torque of the C250cdi...they stopped the sport plus last october and are now a sport edition...no black alloys etc...

Will want the usual mods, CKS grille, black centre caps etc...

Choice was indeed limited.

I originally agreed on a car that was at my local dealer this was a sport plus with Command but when they went to process it turned out another dealer had grabbed it, then they found me one with Command and a pano roof - they were prepared to stand the cost difference so I said go for it....20 minutes later 'sorry that one's gone too'.....grr, anyway ended with a Sport Plus with COMMAND, heated seats and sun roof so no complaints.

Modifications eh have to have a look at those....

Collected

Well here she is, very pleased though I am going to add rear tints....

Attachments

• DSC_0091.jpg
    DSC_0091.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0092.jpg
    DSC_0092.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 25
I'll take some more once the tints are done, likely Tuesday next week :)

Just a couple more pics as promised now she has her tints (and some real life dirt!).

All in all I'm loving the car and figuring out all the controls and features, aside of a lack of rear seat space (which I knew about and isn't really an issue as I try to keep the kids to our 7 seater) it's a great car.

Read all the manuals and learnt a couple of things I didn't know but seems that 'playing' with everything is the best way to learn, lol. Whatver I do I can't get my Experia Z1 or Blackberry curve to deliver internet via the COMMAND system but no big deal it's quicker and simpler just to use the Z1 in the first place, lol.

Stereo sounds well for a standard system and bizarrely as I'd never spec one or even look for it on a car I am very much enjoying the sunroof of all things!

Anyway, 300 miles done so I'm sure there will be a wealth a questions at some point :)

Attachments

• 1394578542901.jpg
    1394578542901.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 1394578566351.jpg
    1394578566351.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1394578588365.jpg
    1394578588365.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back