New boy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That looks great! So much cooler than all the little euroboxes at uni surely.

I've found that MB can be surprisingly reasonable for some part (window rubbers etc) and mahoosively expensive for other stuff (radiators etc).

Anyway - enjoy looking after it! :thumb::thumb:

That looks great! So much cooler than all the little euroboxes at uni surely.

I've found that MB can be surprisingly reasonable for some part (window rubbers etc) and mahoosively expensive for other stuff (radiators etc).

Anyway - enjoy looking after it! :thumb::thumb:

Cheers! I like to think so. Thinking about it, most of the haters at Uni don't even drive, or at least don't have their cars at Uni. It must be jealousy!

You reckon window rubbers are cheap!? I don't know about the other Mercs but for my coupe they're well expensive! Which is unfortunate seeing as mine could do with all new ones. Luckily it's not leaking yet but they're all looking past their best.
I definitley need to change the boot rubber seal as that's obviously been leaking quite a while and has rotted out the boot underneath the rear lights which I'll have to look into getting welded up once I'm back South.
I'll have to check this EuroMerc for window rubbers actually, might get a nice suprise!

hey and welcome :) i'm new here myself and on my first Merc. good to see someone of similar age appreciating the Mercs :D i'm called the Taxi driver at work...

Hello and welcome.

I haunt the RetroRides forums too, for my sins:D

Stu

Hi Smile and stwat,
I also am a newbie and totally agree with what you are trying to achieve in keeping the old girl alive. Mine's a lot newer(slk 230k 1999), I paid £5.5k for it and already had complete strangers comment on its beauty. This is something a £12k Bored focus will never achieve.
Enjoy the journey.

Hello fellow noobs!

And its a big welcome from me...............

Dont know if you are interested, but there is a GTG this coming BH Monday for all forum members in Sidcup.

Read more about it here................

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/events/74120-open-day-kent-bank-holiday-monday.html

Ah cool another Bromley local! Thanks for the heads up on the Sidcup meet, I'd be up for it usually, but afraid I'll more than likely be in Brighton on Monday...or recovering from a hangover haha. If I'm about and reasonably healthy I'll try my best to pop in, its certainly local enough which makes a nice change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom