New brake discs wont fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adge456

Car
C200 w204. 2010
Hi guys.

I recently purchased new discs for my car, however they dont seem to fit iside of the caliper bracket even without the caliper being mounted.

The first problem is that the bracket touches the front of the disc and there is a gap to the bolt holes. If you tighten it up, it just clamps down on the disc.

I also noticed that it is too tight on the edge, meaning it is too wide.
The unipart matched my car, i sent my reg prior to purchasing so it should be the right type.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

Match them up to the ones you took off, if a different size they are the wrong ones. None of the suppliers are infallible.

Adam picture if you can if they dont fit maybe not the right calipers bucause swaped by previous owner.Also pistons wuill need pushing back in to the calipers to give you more room

Thanks guys. I had thought that the previous owner may have swapped calipers but i have no idea why.
I dont know how i will go about finding the correct size if they have.

I know that the pistons will need pushing, but i dont even have the caliper of and it wont fit 😂

Hello and welcome . a bit more detail on the car and part numbers for the new discs along with a photo might help us to help you but it certainly sounds like you have been supplied with the wrong discs.

Never rely on part supplier getting it 100% correct , yes I know you should be able to but unfortunately it does not work that way. Even Mercedes Benz get it wrong sometimes....but getting them to admit it is not always easy ;)

I checked the part number that is on the disc and that says it should fit.

My car is a 2010 C200. 2143cc.
The part on the disc is:
Unipart GBD1936.

Goes on to say min thk 25.4mm
08/16

Id post a pic but i have no idea how to on forums. Its always too large.

Thanks guys. I had thought that the previous owner may have swapped calipers but i have no idea why.

I know that the pistons will need pushing, but i dont even have the caliper of and it wont fit 😂
Have you removed the caliper bracket? That’s generally required to change a disc.

Have you removed the caliper bracket? That’s generally required to change a disc.
Yes, its when i put the disc on, the the bracket over, its too tight when yiu put the two bolts in and the bracket clamps down on the disk.

Send the photos to member of the family who has WhatsApp then send them back to yourself and they will post straight on here already sized

Just leave 'em off...who needs brakes anyway...
Seriously, put old and new against each other and check they are the exactly the same size, (new will be thicker obviously)
if they are correct, maybe you are assembling things wrong, ie caliper bracket wrong way round etc
I think, but not 100% sure, might take 295mm dia or 288mm dia discs

Last edited:
As asked above, are the new discs identical to the old ones? There are often options for larger discs than standard, you have to choose the correct ones.

So this is the picture i took.
I alrady put the old disc on with the caliper which went on no problem.
Thats just the caliper mount and you can see how close it is.

Hopefully there is something glaringly obvious to everyone that i have missed.

Attachments

• 1621869104095IMG_20210524_134408.jpg
    1621869104095IMG_20210524_134408.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 42
As asked above, are the new discs identical to the old ones? There are often options for larger discs than standard, you have to choose the correct ones.
That, im not too sure. I just went on what fit my car.
As i said in the last post, ive put the old one back. But do you mean there could be different sizes for my model?

Perhaps if you post up your VIN someone can check what disc option the car left the factory with?

Why not tell us if the new discs are the same size as the old ones? Just hold them against each other.

Why not tell us if the new discs are the same size as the old ones? Just hold them against each other.
Ive put the old one back on. I put it back together before i went onto this forum. I did check the width which the new one is obveously bigger but i didnt conciously check the diameters. They look similar but the old one is very coroded

You measure the ones that you are replacing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom