New brake discs wont fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So i think that is the problem. I need smaller discs.

I just want to say thank you to everybody.
Ive rebuilt my old mini and if i ever had a problem, i asked the classic mini forum who were always great.
I did try a different mercedes forum a while ago but all anybody said there was not to mess, not to try things at home, if your not trained take it to a garage, blah blah.

You guys have all been amazing and i can see this forum is much better than the other!

Thanks a lot

I had 4 Mintex discs and pads after i emailed Mintex my vin number,, they then told me the right diecs to purchase from them .My car is 32 years old yours is new i dont see the problem ordering the right one from any makers as long as vin number is used . Dont use back street oil sellers you need special seller even Halfords would help you.

Last edited:
Front brakes..

Discs you have been supplied are too big, 295mm instead of 288mm.

Mercedes part numbers are:

A2044210012 replaced by A0004211912

Discs you have been supplied are too big, 295mm instead of 288mm.

Mercedes part numbers are:

A2044210012 replaced by A0004211912
Thank you for this. Ill have to get some ordered that actually fit!

Everyone has been amazing!

Thank you for this. Ill have to get some ordered that actually fit!

Everyone has been amazing!
Euro Car Parts have them, £70.18 for the pair although I assume you’ll be exchanging the ones you’ve got. Don’t forget the pads.
What year of Mini do you have? I’ve had about ten of them over the years but still remember the first, DVA517C, an Austin 850.

Why not simply get a refund for the ones you have and source correct ones elsewhere; Various MB dealers sell either via ebay shops or direct, ie Newcastle, Edinburgh etc at reasonable prices. They'll fit.

You haven't mentioned it but presumably you're replacing the pads as well and if you've been given the wrong discs, quite likely the wrong pads as well.

Euro Car Parts have them, £70.18 for the pair although I assume you’ll be exchanging the ones you’ve got. Don’t forget the pads.
What year of Mini do you have? I’ve had about ten of them over the years but still remember the first, DVA517C, an Austin 850.
Yeah ill be sending them back, but just to get a refund and ill get the new ones elsewhere.

Mine is an Austin mayfair. Its an 86, so not the oldest but older than me! I wish modern cars were as simple as those.

Why not simply get a refund for the ones you have and source correct ones elsewhere; Various MB dealers sell either via ebay shops or direct, ie Newcastle, Edinburgh etc at reasonable prices. They'll fit.

You haven't mentioned it but presumably you're replacing the pads as well and if you've been given the wrong discs, quite likely the wrong pads as well.
Thats exactly what im doing/done.
I have pads, definitely the correct ones, i got them seperate and they definitely fit as i checked them on it.

288 or 295mm - To be fair there's not much difference and hard to spot without measuring...
Moral of the (long) story, always check new parts exactly match old..
OP hope you get sorted

The unipart matched my car, i sent my reg prior to purchasing so it should be the right type.

This has been said above but it's worth repeating. NEVER rely on part numbers from aftermarket suppliers.

Use the MB EPC to identify the MB part number. Then cross-reference that to quality aftermarket parts.

RayH

I found Mercedes Benz of Newcastle very good .The do have an Ebay web site so go on there and message the guy through ask the seller a question ..Explain what you want to him then he will tell you just what you need . Remember though your calipers might have been updated buy the owner before you . You will have the old disc in your hand and you went to school so you can measure the old one .

petrol pete i scrubed that off looking at the gap its just too small for the disc . . Looking again it looks like a rear caliper .This guy should never have started this job .I cant even visualise the calipers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom