New BT Freestyle 210 handsets - no dial tone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
Perhaps I am being really thick here but....

I've just bought a pair of Freestyle 210 handsets, charged it overnight and set it up this morning. Everything seems to be powered up but when I press the talk button there is no dialtone.

Do I have to be with BT for it to work ? I moved to TalkTalk but the line is still rented off BT I understand.

are you sure the telephone line wire is correctly fitted? not on the wrong one on the base unit?

Cheers for quick reply. It looks to be connected up ok.

I have a standard noddy phone plugged in upstairs on a shared line. That isn't a digital one. I wonder if that being plugged in is the problem. Also I haven't set the second handset up yet.

Thanks folks - I was being stupid. I still had the old BT cable in.
Although the connections look the same as soon as I swapped it for the cable that came with the unit it worked. Thanks a lot.

Even though I've defected this is still my favourite forum.

On the Lexus forum I would have waited 3 weeks for a reply !

Aaah, the old/new cable thing, that got me once, it would have been my next suggestion (honest!); I had the same issue with a phone/answerphone, it seems some phones only work with their supplied cable

ahh yes digital cables have a different setup... i made this mistake once with my new fax machine...

we both said the same thing at the same time was all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom