New Buell Motorcycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
Most of you know that apart from classic cars my other passion is for motorcycles.

Harley Davidson have just stopped making Buell Motorcycles, due to Harley being in dire financial troubles.
A company restructure has also resulted in Harley selling their share in MV Augusta. The company will survive, the American Government may have to pump extra money in.

I have always hankered after a Buell to sit alongside my Harley for days when you want a more sporting ride.
Jap bikes do not float my boat any more, although very capable they are just too mainstream for me now after years of owning and riding, and using them for my work.
I really love American and italian bikes.

The final Buell's were sold off at around 3k off of the list price. I knew that I would not be able to buy another new one ever again, so could not resist this....

http://www.buell.com/en_uk/bikes/street/XB12SX/features.asp

I have bought the orange and black one with the translucent tank. It comes with the usual 2 year warranty and Harley dealers will continue full service and support of the Buell Brand. The bike that I have bought will be the rarest of the Buells. It is a new model for 2010.The Americans usually bring out their 'next year model' around the end of August each year, and production stopped on 15th October so very few were actually made.

These iconic bikes feature wheel rim front brake with 8 pot caliper, engine oil is carried in the rear swinging arm, petrol carried in in the frame, belt drive, exhaust carried under the bike to keep low centre of gravity. The engine is a breathed on 1203cc V twin harley, and the bike weighs in under 400lb. Plenty of info for those interested on the Buell website.

http://www.buell.com/en_uk/

also loads of info here...

Buell Motorcycle Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some info on Erik Buell here for those interested......

Erik Buell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Getting it in a couple of weeks, they are all now sold out.

I borrowed a friends very tricked up Buell a while ago and found it an absolute scream to ride.

Mountains of low down torque, a really short wheelbase - what a giggle. :devil:

I was thinking of getting a Buell firebolt to replace the blade , but im unsure because of the massive power drop from the blade to the Buell , still i find that im still drawn to them , there different and a bit funky .
Good luck with your new bike

I remember a few years ago a work mate 6`4" tall did nothing but talk about one for the best part of a year, then went to buy one he asked the guy wheres the full size one?

Lynall

Cracking bikes! I looked hard at one earlier in the year and really love the see-thru 'tank':D
I've spent some time on one that my son had to the sort the suspension on and found it a real giggle for about an hour at a time. I think as long as you are not intending it as a long distance tool you will have a very wide grin:):thumb:

Looks nice Ray, really "masculine".

I'm not into bikes, much, but if I was.....

I love Buells but really really don't get Harleys! That orange one is really nice :)

Kate

I did a California superbike day at Rockingham a while back and there was a little short lady in her forties caning just about everything in our group on a Buell.

Want a grin ........ get a

Aprilia RSV ....... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom