New Business Venture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Andrew,

Let me know when you are up and running and I'll bring the Arrow back for a little TLC :bannana:

Haven't been on the forum for a [long] while and just noticed your post about Le Mans. Shame I didn't see it before as I was down there with my crew this year and it was a first for the SL. Took her on the Portsmouth - Caen ferry route so as not to ratchet-up too many miles. Saw absolutely no Plod on the Caen - Le Mans roads so much more fun than the normal speed trap gauntlet from Calais. There's a Bentley and an Aston with my dust on them somewhere. It was great to catch a few ZZZzzzs in the cabin on the way back so we weren't our normal poor knackered souls on Monday morning.

Cheers,

Martin

Thanks Paul but I've decided to go it alone without a franchise. I've registered a company and will be training next week so watch this space!

All the best with your new venture Andrew. You will never guess just dinged the N/S front on the W221 as you know they are 20" AMG's, let me know when you have finished training.

I share your pain, Peter!

It will be a month before I'm up and running so don't feel obliged to wait!

Good luck with your venture. Where will you be based?

I'm in Kingston-Upon-Thames so will be covering the Surrey area down towards Woking/Weybridge etc - MB World with any luck. I may look to move if I'm starting to see a lot of work in one particular area.

Mine need doing, and looking to do them early next year, so keep us all posted Stats, and I will certainly be looking you up.

Yup good luck Andrew, and keep us posted.

Just a quick update. Slowly getting there - sorting out insurance, bank, website, advertising etc etc. Pick the van up monday and with any luck should be up and running in a few weeks after sign writing and more practice etc.

Just a quick update. Slowly getting there - sorting out insurance, bank, website, advertising etc etc. Pick the van up monday and with any luck should be up and running in a few weeks after sign writing and more practice etc.

Good one Andrew, sounds as though you're getting there :)

Did you go for a Mercedes-Benz van? :D:bannana:

Will

Good luck - good quality work creates its own ripple effect so I am sure you have no worries.

There are enough people still spending to keep UK LTD going - I think your problem will be classic new start never say no syndrome - look out for it !!

Dave

If you do a top job time and again you will do well.... I'm based in Buck's and spend around 1k a month on refurb's to various company's and generally i think the workmanship is pants.

I would gladly pay more if i knew every wheel would be spot on.... or very near i have to allow some latitude.

.......... I think your problem will be classic new start never say no syndrome - look out for it !!

Dave

I wouldn't class this as a "problem" for him. I think that initially, the "never say no syndrome" is a good thing.

When you're new to it all, it builds confidence to have work booked into the diary - and destroys confidence if its empty or low.

He will learn in his own time, where to draw the line.:)

I wouldn't class this as a "problem" for him. I think that initially, the "never say no syndrome" is a good thing.

When you're new to it all, it builds confidence to have work booked into the diary - and destroys confidence if its empty or low.

He will learn in his own time, where to draw the line.:)

Its a fine balance between confidence and pressure ....

Buddy is ur company up and running??

If so could u refurb a 19inch VXR alloy and look into repolishing the lips on my Lorinser wheels?

Im based near croydon

Thanks
neil

Andrew , i have a set of BBS 18 inch splitties you can practise on if you like ;)

Usual kerbing damage ....

Did you go for a Mercedes-Benz van? :D:bannana:

I wanted a Sprinter but I've bought a Transit ready-equipped. I'm looking into having the whole vehicle wrapped to hide that fact ;).

Buddy is ur company up and running??
If so could u refurb a 19inch VXR alloy and look into repolishing the lips on my Lorinser wheels?

If anyone has wheels that they want improving but possibly not perfected then PM or email me. I'm still training so can't offer my services officially yet!

[email protected]

The website isn't ready as I've yet to design a logo etc.

My first attempts during training. Realistically these would be sent away to be stripped as there's numerous paint coats from being painted by hand previously.

Before

wheel1.jpg

Polished rim and anthracite centre

wheel3.jpg

Colour experiment!

wheel2.jpg

the polished lip looks cracking, Ive got a 19 inch wheel thats been scuffed i can post a pic see if u think u can have a go, u any good with the colour matching??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom