New Business Venture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Email me a photo and I'll let you know.

Colour matching usually comes from paint codes, swatches or a spectrophotometer. Some wheels are painted in numerous stages - the coloured wheel above was a mix or red, plum and silver in one coat and then an anthracite mist coat over the top before being lacquered.

Am I any good? No idea at the moment!

Out of interest, what method did you use for the polished lip in your example above?

Are you going to have facilities (not neccesarily mobile) to 'machine' kerb rash out of the edges? Eg on wheels like AMGs with a machined/turned finish.

Looking like a good effort in your pics :)

Will

I can do polished and stainless rims mobile, diamond polished/cut finishes have to be done on a lathe and then they're only guaranteed for 6 months as the lacquer inevitably will peel from the edges. Most people get them painted or polished instead it seems.

dude email sent to [email protected].

Im also interested in havingmy lorinser lips repolished like ur pic above and a set of 16inch bobet b's same finish but the hole face and lips

let me know
cheers
Neil

Stats. For the polished lips, what about using a high shine 'chrome' paint instead of polished.
This would give the finish with better durability. Although, of course, you may prefer them to be not too durable from a commercial point of view.

Another option with polished lips is not to laq them , Just give them a quick polish now and then with some metal polish

Stats. For the polished lips, what about using a high shine 'chrome' paint instead of polished.
This would give the finish with better durability. Although, of course, you may prefer them to be not too durable from a commercial point of view.

There is a different lacquer for polished rims - diamond polished is just one step on from that. Haven't tried chrome paint - though you can achieve a chrome effect with a black basecoat and a mist coat of silver.

Obviously you don't lacquer stainless steel rims.

I would rather the finish was durable than repeat business - just wait until they get kerbed!

wicked and replied cheers dude

It's looking good Andrew.

First paying customer!

Before:

vxrbefore.jpg

After:

vxrafter.jpg

Good to meet you and your other half Neil.

Looking good! ;)

Will

Andrew , would you like to practise on a set of BBS splitties ( 18 inch ) ...

Dad has a set that are kerbed ...

Would need photos, Howard. Split rims often have stainless trim pieces that need replacing.

Well what can I say Andrew has done a cracking job on my misses VXR 19inch alloy as u can see above the rim looks cracking and th ecolour mathch is spot on

This guy really is a pro and Andrew will be doig my Borbet B's and My lorinsers very soon, Thanks again Andrew for a top service and I'm sure ur business will do great as u provide a great service

thanks again
Neil

I'll get a piccy next week mate , when i next see him.

Glad everything is working out so far mate !

Great job on the wheels, I believe the car cleaners round my way have stripped my wheels of the lacquer (originals on 98 sl320). I live in Woolwich do you cover this area?

Very best of luck with the business, enjoy being your own boss, but remember to take the odd day off or the enjoyment will soon wear off.

Hi Swithin,

Slightly OT , but do you go to one of the drive in places ?

They use a degreaser that they spray on the car round my way before they start washing it ( they walk done the line with a pump spray while you are queueing ) ...

This strips the wax from the car :eek: , and hence why i never take mine there any more. Just curious if they may be using a slightly harsher substance on your wheels ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom