New Business Venture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most of the car wash places have a pump-action spray device full of acid/TFR. They spray the wheels up before they jet them down with the pressure washer.

Obviously quick/easy results for washing, but it's not very kind to delicate wheels.

Might be ok once in a blue moon with tough painted/coated wheels but anything like MB wheels with the delicate machined/laqcuered lips etc is asking for trouble!

Will

Andrew had the W221 kerbed wheel done last week, wish i knew you where that close to starting up. Never mind with the narrow roads and the bad parking in London it won't be long and of course we have the C43 with the 18" AMG Monoblocks, mind you Anna has been very careful lately.

That wheel you refurbished looks great,all the best for the future Andrew see you soon :) :(

No problem, Pete. I wasn't going to start doing any just yet but felt bad about turning people down. Still need a few weeks to get up to speed.

Great job on the wheels, I believe the car cleaners round my way have stripped my wheels of the lacquer (originals on 98 sl320). I live in Woolwich do you cover this area?

Very best of luck with the business, enjoy being your own boss, but remember to take the odd day off or the enjoyment will soon wear off.

Woolwich is a bit out of my way I'm afraid. If you go to any of the MBOC events then I might be there.

Taking a day off is hard at the moment as it's all new and exciting even if I was working until 10pm last night :eek: . I'm sure Olly knows the feeling and in the future the plan is to have a full weekend off and work sensible hours. That's part of the reason of changing careers.

Woolwich is a bit out of my way I'm afraid. If you go to any of the MBOC events then I might be there.

Taking a day off is hard at the moment as it's all new and exciting even if I was working until 10pm last night :eek: . I'm sure Olly knows the feeling and in the future the plan is to have a full weekend off and work sensible hours. That's part of the reason of changing careers.

Maybe at my next GTG we could have you there doing wheel re-furbs?

Sensible hours are out of the question now you are self employed.:eek: :D

Sounds like things are going well, good for you :)
Car goes in for paint on Tues, will drop you a line following.

My local car wash uses something pretty powerful on the wheels, they smoke like crazy whilst whatever chemical they spray on eats its way through the crud (and finish and brake discs etc..)

Ade

My local car wash uses something pretty powerful on the wheels, they smoke like crazy whilst whatever chemical they spray on eats its way through the crud (and finish and brake discs etc..)

Ade

It also damages the calipers and you end up with worn pads as the calipers stick plus the extra wear on the discs too.

Russ

Thought it was heat from the brakes making the steam not acid:eek: . well gona use good old fashioned elbow grease from now on. went to another place recently where they don't use that pump stuff for the wheels and the guy warned me that it was in need of a polish (not the east european kind) so thanks to all for the warning won't use them again.

Best of luck again with your venture Stats and enjoy the freedom of being your own boss.

Thought it was heat from the brakes making the steam not acid:eek: .

Hadn't thought of that :eek:, its only round the corner from my flat so I wouldn't have expected to get much heat in the brakes..

Ade

No problem, Pete. I wasn't going to start doing any just yet but felt bad about turning people down. Still need a few weeks to get up to speed.

I will keep in touch Andrew.

Andy once the winter is over I plan to send you my winter alloys, they will be desperate by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom