New C180 Sport owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DonVitto

Car
Mercedes C180 CGI Sport
Hi all,

I'm about to become the new owner of a 2011 C180 petrol sport.

It has taken me almost 3 years to find the car that I like and get rid of my Jaguar X-Type. I hope the Merc proves to be as reliable and nice to drive. Looking forward to having a few more toys though as the Jag was bog standard with no extras.

I did have a few questions if anyone happens to know?

1) I understand the leather seats are man made (plastic?) and not real leather. That's fine by me as they are in perfect condition. Do they require any kind of special treatment like leather would, or just a wipe with a damp cloth?

2) The rusty wheel bolts... I've read about painting them, buying 3rd party bolts, and buying a new type of bolt from Mercedes. Is there a definitive solution?

3) The car has done 50k miles and has been serviced regularly but some details are a little sketchy (service stamps but a couple of missing invoices). I would like to get it serviced again myself. What would be required at 50k miles? The last service invoice I have shows oil change, oil filter, brake fluid and brake pads.

4) Any recommendations for children's car seats? I have a 7 year old and an 11 month old. I'm sorry to say that the children's seats have permanently marked the fabric in my old car and I'd like to prevent the same from happening again if possible.

5) Is there anything specific to look for or have done? I wish on my old car someone told me in advance about the faulty clip that was well known for popping off and causing all the coolant to gush out of the system...!

Thanks everyone

DonVitto

DonVitto said:
2) The rusty wheel bolts... I've read about painting them, buying 3rd party bolts, and buying a new type of bolt from Mercedes. Is there a definitive solution?

I'd like to know this myself as mine look terrible, I'm writing a thread about it soon asking for recommendations

DonVitto said:
3) The car has done 50k miles and has been serviced regularly but some details are a little sketchy (service stamps but a couple of missing invoices). I would like to get it serviced again myself. What would be required at 50k miles? The last service invoice I have shows oil change, oil filter, brake fluid and brake pads

As far as I'm aware MB dealer servicing is logged digitally, and they print the service history after a fresh service with them. For pricing, go on the MB website and select servicing, type in the car details, mileage etc and it will show you what's needed and the price :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom