New C250 arrived...but wrong wheels fitted. Advice please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad to hear it's sorted to your satisfaction. Now enjoy your new car :thumb:

So will you be practising your drifting skills over the weekend then :bannana:

The challenge has to be to wear out the tyres in 2 days :D May as well get your money's worth.

Oh how sad you have got to run it in and cannot take it above 3K revs ;) Perhaps you could do 1500 Km tomorrow and then just spend Sunday burning the tyres out.

PS this is a joke you cannot encourage bad behaviour on the internet anymore or you could end up in court. So do not do this.

Glad you are getting it sorted. And breath and enjoy:devil::D

Nothing like getting exactly what you ordered and wanted. Hats off to you Sir.

Dare I say it, but I have been looking at the car a lot today, and early evening.

The 17s are really growing on me (and I feel like a bit of an idiot after moaning to the dealer about the fact that it didn't come on 18s)

Here it is, although not the best pics.

JhjVWdYQ.jpg

6zsIXdJz.jpg

Last edited:
I like the 17's.

I had a "59" C180K sport estate with 18" rims and the ride was crashy. But when you looked at the 3/4 rear view the wheels just looked too big (wide and large) almost a little bit Barry.

Tyres are more money, winter tyres are like rocking horse poo.

17" just made more sense.

Is that Palladium? That was my second choice colour after Red - just fancied something nice and bright for a change and red really suits the C class.

I don't pay for the tyres but the ride is important to me.

The colour is Alabandine Grey. Have a look on Google images for some better pics (for now). I will take some better ones of my car in time though!

I was waiting for a take away earlier and stood outside the shop looking at the car, it was about 50 yards away on the other side of the street. I was chatting to a friend on the phone about the situation and some other stuff. I dunno, I was just looking at the car and thinking it really doesn't look so bad and I like the design of the wheels, just initially a bit miffed that I was expecting the standard fit 18s.

I blame the C Class brochure which I have been looking at all week in the run up to the delivery...all the Sport cars in it feature the standard 7 or 8 spoke 18s.

Edit to add: Red would have been my choice if I had factory ordered as it happens! I like the red and would rather have spent the £645 on other options than paint.

I took the car I got from stock because I got a good deal and was almost the perfect spec for me - the only things it had that I wouldnt have specced myself were DAB and metallic.

Last edited:
I'm not overly keen on the new 18" design if I'm honest.

Here's a set on the identical colour car to yours.

Personally I think the twin 5 spokes suit that car better.

KM11DGF.jpg

I think if it were the slightly older twin 5 spoke AMG 18" alloys which are a cost option, then it would be a tougher call.

I think you're better staying with what you have, they really suit the car.

Last edited:
Well I decided to keep the 17s in the end, along with some 'goodwill' from MB
wink.gif

After reading a few general '17s v 18s' posts on the net and learning about unsprung weight, ride, possible MPG advantages etc and giving the matter some serious consideration over the weekend I can't see any advantage in swapping to the 18s other than 'looks' which is not a massive concern for me.

The sport suspension has settled and bedded in a little now and the ride is just about right for me. I would regret making the swap to 18s if the ride suddenly became crashy, so not prepared to take the risk for a car that is predominantly a family / business mile muncher.

After a busy weekend of driving about the car has 600 miles on the clock now and it is more than competent in the twisties for an estate car!

The steering really is very good and while different to my 130i it has good feedback and weighting.

MB Harman Kardon is pretty good, better bass than I thought a 6.5" sub could ever produce but to be fair BMW did a better job of it on the 1 series putting 8" subs under the seats and using the void in the sills as a chamber. In the MB you can feel you have a sub in the boot sometimes (which is because you do of course).

Nice to have an automatic box, and it is worlds apart from the old 5 speeder I had in my Z3 3.0i, although my left leg is still getting used to being redundant! Nice to find out that in manual mode the gearbox holds the car in gear only downshifting when it would otherwise labour the engine, a bit like SMG does. I presume it upshifts at the red line but I haven't been above 3500 rpm yet (well, ok then, just the once).

The car is a bit on the dirty side after all my driving this weekend (everything from single track roads in the Peak District to a multistorey car park in Weston Super Mare, and the motorway in between) so I will get it cleaned up and get some pictures taken and post a new thread soon.

Last edited:
I don't really use manual mode. I find "S" mode makes quite a difference if you need to make rapid progress.

Good decision on the wheels IMO.

Agreed! Those 17s are very nice looking wheels and suit the car perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom