New C32 24hr modification marathon WOW it's totally transformed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks great. Excellent work there.

I would get the stock AMG grille back on it (personal choice not a criticism). I also fitted an aftermarket grill to my C240 then changed it back after a few weeks. I just like looking at the gun sight as I drive along.

I would get the stock AMG grille back on it (personal choice not a criticism). I also fitted an aftermarket grill to my C240 then changed it back after a few weeks. I just like looking at the gun sight as I drive along.

Thanks,

I am going to paint the stock grill gloss black probably this weekend and see how it looks back on

out of interest how are you checking the intake temps?

Mine had a new IC pump not that long ago so I'm sure its working.. but i'd be interested to hear!

out of interest how are you checking the intake temps?

Mine had a new IC pump not that long ago so I'm sure its working.. but i'd be interested to hear!

Well I originally checked it with my garages Bosch KTS 570 diagnostic machine but after I had installed the new pump I just checked it out on my code reader/live data app Torque on my Android phone which connects by Bluetooth or WiFi to a little device called a ELM27 that you plug into the diagnostic port and you can follow live data such as IAT and boost and things and als use it to read and clear codes.

Nice work. Love the brake callipers, looks awesome against the black wheels.

Now you just need to get the sandpaper and polish out to restore some clarity to the headlight lenses. :)

Nice work. Love the brake callipers, looks awesome against the black wheels.

Now you just need to get the sandpaper and polish out to restore some clarity to the headlight lenses. :)

Thanks,

I love the brakes too, the gloss neon green really pop against the satin black.

With the lights I was looking at swapping them out for a set of after market projectors and fitting a HID kit but I have the factory fitted Xenon's and I'm unsure and cant find the answer to if I'm going to have any problems with plugs or error messages.

But if I cant swap them I'll clean my stock lights up.

I hate the, caliper color, rear light tint, wheel colour and sea if black paint.

I love your, energy, passion and clear view of what you want the car to be.

I wouldn't fit aftermarket headlights if you have a factory HID kit. Number one there isn't much point as they are designed for Xenons anyway but more importantly they will be properly sealed.

Had water ingress issues with aftermarket units in the past. I'd just spend 30 mins per unit and get them looking like new.

Could also apply headlight tint film to match the tail lights?

Considering getting my tail lights tinted and tint applied to the headlights and fog lights on mine.

I admire your skill and the fact that you are prepared to go slightly off the wall.:)

Twice you have mentioned 'black paint in clear varnish' for rear lights, IIRC ML320 and now this.

What ratio or dilution do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,
Rich

Some good work there,though I went with the avantgarde grille and flat badge sprayed black.

Love the code 3 mod. It really does increase the SC whine:thumb:

Have you thought about spraying the chrome strips black? Really does make the car look stealth IMO.

Nice work Fella, like what you've done :thumb:.

At least you've got the Kahunas to modify your car, unlike some of the OEM Lovers on here !!!, it's your Car you do what you want with it.

I wouldn't fit aftermarket headlights if you have a factory HID kit. Number one there isn't much point as they are designed for Xenons anyway but more importantly they will be properly sealed.

Had water ingress issues with aftermarket units in the past. I'd just spend 30 mins per unit and get them looking like new.

Could also apply headlight tint film to match the tail lights?

Considering getting my tail lights tinted and tint applied to the headlights and fog lights on mine.

Thanks for the heads up

In fact I've just been into work and applied a light smoke film to the fronts, it was too dark get any pictures but I'll get some tomorrow, I'm now much happier with the look of them.

I admire your skill and the fact that you are prepared to go slightly off the wall.:)

Twice you have mentioned 'black paint in clear varnish' for rear lights, IIRC ML320 and now this.

What ratio or dilution do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks.

Don't mind at all I mix it 10/1 so 10 parts clear lacquer and 1 part base coat black I normally mix 100ml lacquer 10ml base coat black and 55ml harder that's enough to easily do a pair of lights

Some good work there,though I went with the avantgarde grille and flat badge sprayed black.

Love the code 3 mod. It really does increase the SC whine:thumb:

Have you thought about spraying the chrome strips black? Really does make the car look stealth IMO.

Thanks

I have actually I might use a black out tape on the chrome strips so it's easily reversed if wanted

Here's a couple of pictures with the light smoke film I fitted last night over my factory Xenon lights and I like the look, I've used this light smoke film before and it makes no noticeable difference to the light output especially when used with Xenon lights.

I also fitted my new metal stamped number plates.

one light with the light smoke film fitted and the other still stock, as you can see it's very subtle but when you see the finished article it makes a big difference:

and this morning all done some pictures I took when it stopped raining:

Have to agree on your energy levels A+ I think the grill looks ok but as you say you might need to have it on for a while! Just in the process of painting my spare W209 grill matt black. If I don't like it I will no doubt just swap it back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom