New c350e buyer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paperaino

Car
Mercedes c350e
Hi all

I bought yesterday my c350e.

I have been mostly a Audi owner (with just 2 MB in between) and I really missed the brand.

As you may imagine I am still going through the features but I wonder if there is anything you would recommend me to do asap.

As per today I am wondering:

- is the navigation system any good? If not, is there a way to have Google maps instead?

- command: do i need to update it? Is there an update around?

Please feel free to share your suggestions

Thanks!

Hi all

I have the first question and I am wondering if you could help me

Navigation and maps. As you can imagine maps are quite old. Is it worth to buy new ones together with the Mercedes traffic alerts or I simply use Google Maps? I see I can find them on eBay for a lot less but I assume they do not support the traffic alerts

Battery looks really short lasting. Would be worth to bring it to Mercedes and have it checked?

Overall: would be worth to bring it to a Mercedes dealer and have it checked / updated?

Thanks

Hi Paperaino - welcome, and remember: try to enjoy your new motor for what it is!

To try answering some of your questions: Mine is a 2018 model, and has the Garmin SD card based system. I asked Mercedes about updating the maps- couldnt get a “straight” answer on price ( “you’ll have to bring it in sir and we will only know the cost once we hook it up to our computer). Spurious updates are available from Amazon/eBay, and I tried one of these ( cost about 60 euro) but didn’t give me live traffic.

So I went with plan B - a kit to add Apple CarPlay and use the functions from there. Total cost was 220 euro and I fitted it myself, took about 2 hours. ( this is similar to what I purchased:( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Road-Top-W...ix=mercedes+c350e+apple+carplay,aps,41&sr=8-3)

HUGE improvement over the Mercedes maps, along with the benefits of your other CarPlay enabled apps - eg Spotify, BBC Sounds, Radioplayer etc.

As for battery mileage. Real world battery-only mileage, in current weather is around 10/11 miles. But its not meant as a pure electric vehicle, ( otherwise you’d have gone for a Nissan Leaf, right? :) ). If you use it as it should be - electric around town/built up areas, and petrol when above 30/35 mph, then you will hit the sweet spot.

By way of illustration, I‘ve covered 13,787 miles since I got the car last June - at an average of 56.5 mpg…

Hope this helps

E6BA2094-4D6C-4B49-931F-9B829A72776C.jpeg

Hi Paperaino - welcome, and remember: try to enjoy your new motor for what it is!

To try answering some of your questions: Mine is a 2018 model, and has the Garmin SD card based system. I asked Mercedes about updating the maps- couldnt get a “straight” answer on price ( “you’ll have to bring it in sir and we will only know the cost once we hook it up to our computer). Spurious updates are available from Amazon/eBay, and I tried one of these ( cost about 60 euro) but didn’t give me live traffic.

So I went with plan B - a kit to add Apple CarPlay and use the functions from there. Total cost was 220 euro and I fitted it myself, took about 2 hours. ( this is similar to what I purchased:( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Road-Top-Wireless-2012-2015-Mirrorlink/dp/B09K7HLJ85/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2TNEEOQ65GORA&keywords=Mercedes+c350e+Apple+CarPlay&qid=1648492526&sprefix=mercedes+c350e+apple+carplay,aps,41&sr=8-3)

HUGE improvement over the Mercedes maps, along with the benefits of your other CarPlay enabled apps - eg Spotify, BBC Sounds, Radioplayer etc.

As for battery mileage. Real world battery-only mileage, in current weather is around 10/11 miles. But its not meant as a pure electric vehicle, ( otherwise you’d have gone for a Nissan Leaf, right? :) ). If you use it as it should be - electric around town/built up areas, and petrol when above 30/35 mph, then you will hit the sweet spot.

By way of illustration, I‘ve covered 13,787 miles since I got the car last June - at an average of 56.5 mpg…

Hope this helps

View attachment 125325
That's a good mpg. I get around 40s.

Thanks everyone. I do agree just need to accept and use the car for what it is

Will ride for long distances to see how it performs, but I still find it better than the e class

A little question I just noticed: passenger airbag is off. How do I turn it on? Can not find on the user manual

Thanks everyone. I do agree just need to accept and use the car for what it is

Will ride for long distances to see how it performs, but I still find it better than the e class

A little question I just noticed: passenger airbag is off. How do I turn it on? Can not find on the user manual
Activated when passenger sits on it iirc

The seat, not the airbag you mean.....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom