New C43 order... can I be a part of the AMG club??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solari

Car
Audi A5
Hi all,

I just ordered a C43 with the new facelift. Toyed with the idea of a C63 but the longer wait and lack of AWD put me off.

C43 is still quite a machine though! And AWD is pretty handy in the UK.

I went for:
Brilliant Blue
Black wheels
Premium Plus
Carbon Fibre/Alum trim
Porcelain Leather seats

Planning to get it detailed (protection treatment etc) and get front/back dashcams installed. May consider chipping it too...

Any other preparations you guys would recommend?

Amazing, it might end up looking like mine!!! (I await the flaming) [emoji12]
1884accecd9381323d371d33ea6522f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Sounds great and the facelift interior looks pretty spectacular! It’ll be a lovely place to be sat in and agree with your AWD comment especially if in regular use.

Nice colour combination. I went for the same on my 63.

Dan

Very nice! Factory order I presume? Have they given you a delivery date yet?

Also interested in cameras and paint protection so let us know what you plump for

The facelift apparently with the increased power and suspension recalibration should be a lovely daily driver. Congrats. Same colour as mine. The front grille will be identical to mine. The interior colour is different though. I love the new look peashooters at the back on the 43 facelift. really really nice!

If i can make one recommendation, and one recommendation only, get an autowatch ghost immobiliser installed. No one will be able to steal your car ...
I got a deal on merc stargard on mine. not sure how effective it has been . i regularly wash and polish my car regularly anyhow.

Not sure where you are based. But if your after a proper dash cam installation. Best money can buy, try these below
TTW Installations

Based in Nottingham. But there workmanship is second to none.

sorry got so excited by the fact you've ordered a facelift 43 that I didnt even get back to your dash cam question.

two really good brands are thinkware F800 or blackvue for dual cameras but it is easy to mount two separate standalone cameras front and rear as an alternative too.

I haven't done any research for a couple of years at least on dashcams. There are many options!

I've got a thinkware F770 paired to a very large back up battery (a cell link B pro ) which is located in the hidden compartment in the boot. the system has been set up to not drain the car battery while the car is switched off but instead to use up only the celllink B backup battery .

sorry got so excited by the fact you've ordered a facelift 43 that I didnt even get back to your dash cam question.

two really good brands are thinkware F800 or blackvue for dual cameras but it is easy to mount two separate standalone cameras front and rear as an alternative too.

I haven't done any research for a couple of years at least on dashcams. There are many options!

I've got a thinkware F770 paired to a very large back up battery (a cell link B pro ) which is located in the hidden compartment in the boot. the system has been set up to not drain the car battery while the car is switched off but instead to use up only the celllink B backup battery .
Any of those incorporate speed camera detectors ? I’m looking (finally) to get on the dash cam band wagon but I want a snooper too....

none of those ones sadly. I guess there may be a few all-in-ones that would fit the bill. The blackvue has cloud functionality, the thinkware has an excellent parking mode, a semi decent speed camera database but, it hasnt got what you need snooper-wise

Any of those incorporate speed camera detectors ? I’m looking (finally) to get on the dash cam band wagon but I want a snooper too....

Have a word with Ash at Exec Spec John, not the cheapest but definitely one of the best.

Torn between the Thinkware and Blackvue dashcams... and going to install an Autowatch Ghost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom