New c43 owner with a exhaust mod question…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattuk89

Car
2017 c43 saloon
Hi everyone, I picked up a new to me c43 on Friday, very impulsive buy, kept driving past it every day on the way to work, stopped by on Friday after work to “look at it” ended up driving away with it!

Anyway long story short. The exhaust has been modded, it sounds lovely when pressing on, but very droany when just cruising, I’m going to phone some exhaust places in the week and see what they suggest, but does anyone know what’s needed to take it back to standard? I don’t mind it being a little louder than stock (no performance exhaust ) but this is a bit too much..

I know nothing about exhaust mods, can anyone actually tell what’s been done by looking at the invoice?

Thanks

Attachments

• 486BD908-923A-4F8A-8056-A054B734A4A8.jpeg
    486BD908-923A-4F8A-8056-A054B734A4A8.jpeg
    786.9 KB · Views: 34
Do you have the switch on the centre console for the performance exhaust ? If so have you tried engaging / disengaging it ? That usuall causes a change in tone of the exhaust. Not sure as to whty anybody would want to go beyond this apart from fitting the remote valve control system that can hold the valve open.

Not sure exactly what they have done but the invoice is for tubing....you need to either speak with the company or get it up on the ramps and have a look.

Droning would normally be caused if you have had exhaust boxes removed / replaced.

Need to get it up on a ramp to see what the pipes have replaced. It'll likely be either the secondary catalytic converter and/or the resonator.

My money is on a resonator delete.......dronetastic.:(
Not all models drone if you remove the resonator. My E63 certainly doesn't.
If the OP's C43 is extremely loud I'd guess the back boxes have been gutted or removed. Now that is dronetastic.

Thanks for all the replies, plan is to get it up on a ramp this week but thought I would ask the question here too!

It’s a shame as from the outside it sounds lovely, lovely barks on the upshifts and crackles and pops on the over run, does sound similar to videos of the performance exhaust, which I guess is the sound they were going for, but it’s just too droney inside, hopefully I’ll be able to speak to someone and get the sound similar without the drone.

And it’s the standard exhaust, not the performance, no button!

Last edited:
And it’s the standard exhaust, not the performance, no button!

OK, in that case exhaust components are more likely to have been removed and straigh tube used to replace the component.

If you wish to take it back to stock, you can get the missing components on ebay and reinstall them....I've seen C43 exhaust components being sold on ebay.

These cars do not drone at speed in stock form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom