New C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcos

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 estate
Hi all

Been a member for years but recently, well two years ago, bought a ford ranger as a tax dodge through the business and what a piece of badly built sh** that is!!
Anyway long story short I’ve ordered a C43 estate because I’ve had enough of the ford and they look pretty tasty.
My question is what is the run in period for these cars ? Do I need to take it easy for a few thousand miles or can I start hoofing it after a few hundred ?
And my god it feels good to post in here again rather than a ford forum hahahaha

I would say as a general rule, no more than half throttle or half revs for the first tankful of fuel (300 miles or so). No more than 75% throttle or revs for the next tankful and you're done. Avoid heavy braking early on too, be firm on the brakes to avoid glazing them, but don't really stomp on them early doors.

The handbook says for the first 1000 miles no more than 3k rpms, 80 or 85 mph and no Sport+. After that you're free to do as you please whilst obeying the law.
Good luck staying out of Sport+.

My mate had a Ranger and had nothing but trouble with it, including the engine going after 60k miles. Still under warranty Ford tried to fob him off wanting thousands to replace it. They eventually offered to buy it back off him I think. No doubt some poor sod somewhere has ended up with it. He now hires cars, although I had my E63 on his drive for 3 days when we went on a stag to Skegness a few weeks back and he did like the look of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom