New C63 AMG anyone looking forward to it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGGTS

Car
AMG GT Or C63S???
I am but at the same time i'm not:( the simple reason being its not a true engine or sound anymore i'm really hating the way cars are going right now

You'd know is called the Mercedes-AMG C63 also then? Not C63 AMG any more.

Think it will have massive potential.
However, might be just me but I dont like the way the interior is with basically what looks like a Ipad glued to the dash.

Spy shots for upcoming C class coupe show dash similar to the S class coupe i.e. one big built in screen.

Did you guys notice the AMG badges are on the left now.

I am but at the same time i'm not:( the simple reason being its not a true engine or sound anymore i'm really hating the way cars are going right now

Drive it before you don't call it a true engine.

I think its sounds good defiantly better than f80 m3/m4 but of course it doesn't sound as good as current c63. But the extra power makes up for it, being twin turbo i'm sure it has great tuning potential.

Hopefully this time round the interior will be much better built than current rattly c63.

I've now listened to the new V8 up close an i take back what i said above!!!!

I have the current c63 coupe and it's remapped and second cat deleted,it sounds incredible and is quicker than the new c63 (unmapped) but I have to say I am looking forward to seeing the estate version of the new c63 I think it looks much better than the current estate.

The videos appearing definitely sound good. I had a poke around the estate S version at the Motorshow and spent a few minutes inside it.

I think it looks good but the interior is too bling for me, there are lots of fake metal (read silver plastic) all over it.

I do like the improved options available, carbon brakes & sports exhaust - all good fun!

It will take a while but the design will mature.

S

I'm currently a W204 C63 driver and am very much looking forward to the W205 - mine should be delivered in May. While I love my W204, the interior I've realised is just cheap and nasty compared to the new one. I will no doubt miss the 6.2 NA engine, but I think, from the reviews, the new package is going to be outstanding and there's no way the new one sounds any less amazing than old (especially with the noisey button £1000 option!). Roll on May!

I had a gander around the new C63 at the Geneva Motorshow. Whilst it looks good it is certainly bigger than the W204 and as others have said the interior is a bit bling. Parts of the cabin also felt a little cheap.

Not sure i would pay the differential to upgrade.

Not keen on the looks, particularly the rear of the car. Previous generation was going to be tough to beat for looks mind. Imo.

The videos appearing definitely sound good. I had a poke around the estate S version at the Motorshow and spent a few minutes inside it.

I think it looks good but the interior is too bling for me, there are lots of fake metal (read silver plastic) all over it.

I do like the improved options available, carbon brakes & sports exhaust - all good fun!

It will take a while but the design will mature.

S

I would have to agree with you with interior. I took a test drive for a day with a c220 blue tech and i was disappointed with the interior buttons. some of them felt too plastic IMO.
Also, i am not sure of the look of the engine. It does not look impressive to look at like the former 6.2...

Attachments

• c63 a.jpg
    c63 a.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 39
  • c63.jpg
    c63.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 41
since most of these will be sold on lease and PCP they will fly out of the showroom.
There are enough people out there who want the latest and greatest.
I learned my lesson when I sold a beautiful E46 M3 (which i probably would still have until now) for the E92 M3.

Also, i am not sure of the look of the engine. It does not look impressive to look at like the former 6.2...

I know what you mean, but I guess the main issue they were working round was the heat from the turbos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom