New C63 Arrives with the wrong interior

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wetfish

Car
C63 AMG
Ordered a C63 from a broker, i changed the spec of the interior, went from black leather to the sand/black but when it arrived it was porcelain/black. the car was delivered to my house on 23rd dec by mercedes. now at this point the delivery guy looked at me like i was kidding! i called the broker who was closed until the new year so i signed for the car (while making a large note on the delivery note) now we have the broker and merc arguing over who's is @ fault. merc have agreed to put this right. so far they have offered to change the interior but this is by a local firm and not mercedes (which i cant say im keen on) , offer 2 was £500 cash and i keep the car (dream on). now they giving me the w/end to decide what i want.... now im not saying i hate what i have got its almost white rather than porcelain and i have 2 children. what is a reasonable conclusion? i know the cost to change is around £1300 by a local firm (merc told me early on in this debacle)

Have you got any pictures of both interiors to show us, to see how much difference there is?

How are they changing it it? Replacing all the interior? Could be a bit iffy if the local firm get something wrong and whatever issue it causes takes a while to rear its head - but then it should be covered by the MB warranty anyway.

You could keep it as it is and use the money to buy a good leather protector and top the protection up frequenty - you'd have to do that either way because either colour would easily mark or denim stain etc.

In this case I would reject the car or ask for a much bigger refund.

A local company retrimming the car is never ever going to be as good as factory.

I would want a new car or say £2.5K.

+1 ^

So £500 cash your way and you keep the car? If thats the case why not take it?

Black is black after all, they made a mistake but what if what they do isnt up to scratch either.

I would have rejected the car at the time of delivery as not supplied as ordered(hard to do when your expecting a new car just before xmas but when you are spending £££'s on a c63 you want it to be as ordered).

I have to agree with Jay here

Porcelain?

2012_mercedes-benz_c63_seat_11-ny-as_317113_815.jpg

Sand
2012_mercedes-benz_c63_seat_11-ny-as_317112_815.jpg

I think if you're looking at practicality then the sand/black option is better as you originally chose but they both look quite nice, might be hard pressed to get any further with MB because you haven't rejected the car

the local firm will change the wings and doors and not the lot. merc have already agreed i could return it if i wanted as its not as ordered. i am tempted to keep it. i did joke i could ask for 5k cash and they did chuckle. i also told them ill have a think but i also would like them to suggest a soltion so we can sort this out on onday one way or another. i did suggest servicing included. the car was bought pcp

Have you had a look at the local company's work??? I know of some car company's (skoda and vw) use them on cars that offer a leather interior but don't expect to sell a lot of. I used a company in york to do my fabia vrs seats and they had done all the fabia vrs's ordered with leather, Maybe pop by had have a chat with them, you might be surprised,

if its going to annoy you everytime you get inside for 3 years I would reject the car.

i didnt want to tie up so much cash, as AMG mentioned more than likely ill buy the car at the end of the term. i reckon ill do 15k miles in 3 years so will be a cheap balloon IMO.

i didnt want to tie up so much cash, as AMG mentioned more than likely ill buy the car at the end of the term. i reckon ill do 15k miles in 3 years so will be a cheap balloon IMO.

I can see why you went for the 'sand' interior, it looks really good, a lot better than the 'porcelain'.

I'd just give it back to Mercedes and let them put it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom