New C63 Coupe Order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The coupes have started arriving in the UK.
Manchester, Brighton, Blackburn, Guildford and Norwich all have one each for sale, presumably as ex demos.

Boycie999 said:
Sytner Milton Keynes mate. Never again

I'm not too far from MK. Often drive past that dealership.

I ended up going with a dealer in the Midlands following an Internet broker introduction. So far so good but we'll see. My local dealer in Herts wouldn't entertain any discount so decided to walk away.

Hope you manage to get yours through soon!

I need to see one in the flesh as a guy at work had the new coupe now but a standard car and I have to say the shape really doesn't look that great to me - the back end is a bit marmite although I am sure the C63 version will look mega...

I'm not too far from MK. Often drive past that dealership.

I ended up going with a dealer in the Midlands following an Internet broker introduction. So far so good but we'll see. My local dealer in Herts wouldn't entertain any discount so decided to walk away.

Hope you manage to get yours through soon!
Hi mate, which online broker have you used? I have been getting quotes from carwow with the best of 6.5% discount so far

Hi. Drive the deal seems to be doing 8-9%. Carfile is doing 10% discount. Hope this helps.

DuncS3 said:
I need to see one in the flesh as a guy at work had the new coupe now but a standard car and I have to say the shape really doesn't look that great to me - the back end is a bit marmite although I am sure the C63 version will look mega...

I ordered without seeing one. Today I was at Mercedes Benz world in Brooklands and finally got to have a good look around one. I'm not disappointed at all. It looks amazing in the flesh with the larger upgraded wheels which are a must imo.

You chose a great colour combo, this is what it will look like

Attachments

• cls63s.JPG
    cls63s.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 137
Chased up today as my Coupe should be entering build this week (after a 3 week delay). I was greeted with "oh, some bad news, they've changed your interior trim from the black ash to the high gloss black trim due to problems with stock". WTF?!?! I've told them I don't want that trim... now I'm hearing it might have to be re-ordered to get a slot where that trim is available. Not impressed is an understatement.

Jeez, I take it you would be none the wiser if you hadn't chased it up?

Chased up today as my Coupe should be entering build this week (after a 3 week delay). I was greeted with "oh, some bad news, they've changed your interior trim from the black ash to the high gloss black trim due to problems with stock". WTF?!?! I've told them I don't want that trim... now I'm hearing it might have to be re-ordered to get a slot where that trim is available. Not impressed is an understatement.

It's amazing that something so simple can cause such complications. :wallbash:

So MB think they can freely change a standard piece of a car's interior to suit their stock levels? That's bizarre.

I don't blame you for reordering. The wait will be a pain but the black ash looks so much better than the gloss.

Keep telling yourself it'll all be worth it. It'll be stunning. :thumb:

Happytalk73 said:
It's amazing that something so simple can cause such complications. :wallbash: So MB think they can freely change a standard piece of a car's interior to suit their stock levels? That's bizarre. I don't blame you for reordering. The wait will be a pain but the black ash looks so much better than the gloss. Keep telling yourself it'll all be worth it. It'll be stunning. :thumb:

Agree - can't believe it to be honest. I had an email this evening saying the dealer is looking into the possibility of swapping the trim as 'they have a car in stock with black ash'. Firstly, I'm not sure it's even possible as black ash has the IWC clock whereas the black trim doesn't. Secondly, do I really want them replacing trim on a brand new car even if it is possible?! Think I'll just insist on a re-order.

Agree - can't believe it to be honest. I had an email this evening saying the dealer is looking into the possibility of swapping the trim as 'they have a car in stock with black ash'. Firstly, I'm not sure it's even possible as black ash has the IWC clock whereas the black trim doesn't. Secondly, do I really want them replacing trim on a brand new car even if it is possible?! Think I'll just insist on a re-order.

I'm not sure about that either. However some members here may say it's a simple task :dk:

I'm guessing a reorder will reset the clock and give you the max waiting time (again).

Maybe ask around regarding the trim swap, it's maybe easier than we think.

Ant.

Happytalk73 said:
I'm not sure about that either. However some members here may say it's a simple task :dk: I'm guessing a reorder will reset the clock and give you the max waiting time (again). Maybe ask around regarding the trim swap, it's maybe easier than we think. Ant.

I found some info on this on another forum. Swapping the trim is apparently pretty straight forward however, to power the clock, there's an additional cable required which will need to be added into the main loom somehow. It has squeaks and rattles written all over it imo. So ****** off.

This is simply not true. The factory don't change your trim, the build slot either accepts it or it doesn't.

When we spec a car up with the factory, it either takes the full spec or it doesn't. A warning will come up to advise on the option that isn't available. They would have known that at point of order. I wonder whether they have forgotten to change the trim

JBD said:
This is simply not true. The factory don't change your trim, the build slot either accepts it or it doesn't. When we spec a car up with the factory, it either takes the full spec or it doesn't. A warning will come up to advise on the option that isn't available. They would have known that at point of order. I wonder whether they have forgotten to change the trim

That's interesting... Part of me did wonder if they'd screwed up the order at the dealer actually. I wonder if they couldn't order my spec for that slot months back and figured they could update it later without telling me...

Would you guys accept them taking the ash trim off a stock vehicle and retrofitting it into mine (hacking the electronics in the process for the clock) or insist on re-ordering? Part of me doesn't want to accept that but then do I want to wait x months more given I've waited 5 months already... I've already sold my c63 so I'm car-less right now which makes it even worse...

I would let them change the trim. Must be easy enough or they wouldn't be offering to do so

Obviously you'll be requesting your first service for free. :D

That's interesting... Part of me did wonder if they'd screwed up the order at the dealer actually. I wonder if they couldn't order my spec for that slot months back and figured they could update it later without telling me...

Would you guys accept them taking the ash trim off a stock vehicle and retrofitting it into mine (hacking the electronics in the process for the clock) or insist on re-ordering? Part of me doesn't want to accept that but then do I want to wait x months more given I've waited 5 months already... I've already sold my c63 so I'm car-less right now which makes it even worse...

I personally wouldn't. We had to do that to a car last year and it's a messy job. The wiring for the clock just isn't there, so sort of had to bodge it

I'd ask them for the commission number, then I'll have a look at the order. It doesn't sound like they are being honest. There are currently delays of 4-6 weeks on C63 orders, but I'd like to see if they have actually ordered the right car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you really want to be paying out that much on a car and not getting anything less than perfect?

When getting mine I originally bought a 2014 CLA45 under the terms of of the dealer retrofitting the facelifted screen. They kept stalling and eventually I figured with the amount of money I was going to pay I wanted to have everything that I wanted on the car so shelled out and got a brand new one instead.

This car will be your pride and joy for the foreseeable future, you don't want to go into it already unhappy!

Sorry to hear about your issues but, for what it's worth, I saw my first W205 C63 Coupe on a test drive yesterday. It was black with the 19F/20R" wheel option and looked incredible. It looked really wide, especially from the rear (what W204 missed) to the point it makes an M4 look a little puny in comparison. The wait will be worth it, and I assume it had the AMG performance exhaust on it, as it was loud, but still not as good as W204 I'm afraid. To be honest, I don't think the AMG exhaust is an option on the Coupe, I think you just get it...?

I test drove a C63 Saloon a couple of weeks back. I was very impressed but it looked too bland for me to do anything about. The Coupe is its own car, with apparently improved driving dynamics vs. saloon so I'm keen to test one.

I was tempted to order one then and there, but the deals just aren't there to be had at MB yet. I spec'd one up (non-S) and quickly got over £70k, around £73k, which even with hefty deposit you can imagine makes for nonsensical monthlies, although I am sure some people don't mind paying £700-£1000 per month. To me that's crazy, although it can be comfortably afforded, I'm not prepared to make such a sacrifice for a car, that costs more to "rent" than a mortgage.
Anyway, at this price with the options I wanted, it would work out more sensible to plump up only a little extra and go for the C63 S as that has a few options thrown in, and some discounts on the upgrades. Still, that was £77k with all options aside from Exterior Carbon, Air Balance (not sure what that is) and Ceramic Brakes.

So, I'll wait out first year depreciation and see what happens but, I could also be tempted by the new convertible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom