New C63 Coupe Order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How does the S model make extra power over the non S model? Is it software only or larger turbos etc? Regardless if I was In your position i would 100% spec the S version. If u are spending over 70K already then really another 5K isn't a huge Amount. Without a doubt an S version will be worth more than a non S version in the future. Also if the S comes stock with those AMG buckets then it works out really well. Why don't u go for an S and spec the carbon trim. Will be worth it when u have the car, trust me..

How does the S model make extra power over the non S model? Is it software only or larger turbos etc? Regardless if I was In your position i would 100% spec the S version. If u are spending over 70K already then really another 5K isn't a huge Amount. Without a doubt an S version will be worth more than a non S version in the future. Also if the S comes stock with those AMG buckets then it works out really well. Why don't u go for an S and spec the carbon trim. Will be worth it when u have the car, trust me..

Interestingly I've been given the option to take a S model in blue (my second colour choice) sitting in stock. Given the price difference, I expected the monthly payments on PCP to be significantly higher. To my surprise, on a 2 year PCP, the S model adds only £7 to the payments vs. a non S model over 4 years. This is down to the strong future value of the S model (£43K in 2 years). I didn't expect it to come out this way but just goes to show - different configurations/options can really make a big difference to the future value and in turn, not impact the finance payments as much as you might think.

The difference between the two models is £6,910 for the extra outlay you get the following on the S variant -
A gain of 34 bhp
Electronic diff as opposed to a manual diff
Red calipers
Performance seats
Grey seat belts as opposed to black
Dinamica/leather steering wheel as opposed to leather
19" alloys as opposed to 18"
Worth it ?
That's a lot of money for a marginal difference, a friend has ordered the non s model and will be getting his calipers painted red and the dealer will be sticking an S badge on the car from new.

The only thing you can compare the value differences to is the W212 E63 and the E63S, and there's at least £5k if not more between those as second hand cars.

The difference between the two models is £6,910 for the extra outlay you get the following on the S variant -
A gain of 34 bhp
Electronic diff as opposed to a manual diff
Red calipers
Performance seats
Grey seat belts as opposed to black
Dinamica/leather steering wheel as opposed to leather
19" alloys as opposed to 18"
Worth it ?
That's a lot of money for a marginal difference, a friend has ordered the non s model and will be getting his calipers painted red and the dealer will be sticking an S badge on the car from new.

Those performance seats are beautiful though. :cool:

future value of the S model (£43K in 2 years)

Get the 'S' in Brillant Blue. Look after it, keep it tidy, DON'T kerb the wheels. Treat it like a baby.

THEN give me a phone in 2 years! :bannana:

The only thing you can compare the value differences to is the W212 E63 and the E63S, and there's at least £5k if not more between those as second hand cars.
That was my experience when I was in the market earlier this year. The E63S is very rare, plus it was priced at a £10k premium over the standard car, so a £5k premium on a (say) 2 - 3 year old example is pretty much in line with the additional price.

Interestingly I've been given the option to take a S model in blue (my second colour choice) sitting in stock. Given the price difference, I expected the monthly payments on PCP to be significantly higher. To my surprise, on a 2 year PCP, the S model adds only £7 to the payments vs. a non S model over 4 years. This is down to the strong future value of the S model (£43K in 2 years). I didn't expect it to come out this way but just goes to show - different configurations/options can really make a big difference to the future value and in turn, not impact the finance payments as much as you might think.

Thats interesting. The Finance guy said its roughly £20 a month extra for every £1000 increase. so 5.5k should be around £110 extra a month.

My spec which came to 68.8K before discount.

Selenite
Premium pack
Night Pack
Driver Asst - I'm getting on bit :) :)
Performance seats - gorgeous
360 camera
19" wheels

The way I looked at it was that, the moment my figures got close to the 80K
mark, then I might as well then start looking at an AMG GT or a used GTS.

Either way , I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

Last edited:
a friend has ordered the non s model and will be getting his calipers painted red and the dealer will be sticking an S badge on the car from new.

As he's your friend, it's your duty to prevent this - it's no better than those BS lookylikey's you hate - affluent chavving if you like :mad:.

Price gets pretty high... makes the m4 look a bargain, apart from the sound!

As he's your friend, it's your duty to prevent this - it's no better than those BS lookylikey's you hate - affluent chavving if you like :mad:.

What's the difference John? The 'S' badge on your E63 is also stuck on (albeit at the factory) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the little touches which make the difference and tbh when spending big money buying a new car 6K isn't much to for a better spec and those beautiful seats. Adding the S badge to a non S is tacky even if MB are doing it for him.

Personally I'd take the blue S already in stock and you won't regret it. It's a nice colour and u can have it immediately, if not spec an S exactly how u want and wait

developer said:

Will try my best J ;0))

RJ C63 said:
Price gets pretty high... makes the m4 look a bargain, apart from the sound!

Yep joke of a price for a C class.

There are also some cosmetic differences on the S version:

There is a black front splitter instead of body coloured, chrome side skirts and a chrome trim on the rear diffuser.

I can't decide if I like these or not...

Is the blue car at Guildford MB?

DuncS3 said:
Is the blue car at Guildford MB?

No, it's at a dealer close to me in Hertfordshire. Just here right now waiting for the sales guy.

The spec is what I want except for the lack of privacy glass. I'm guessing it shouldn't be an issue to have this done after market though.

Given I have an order elsewhere with a finance agreement approved in principle, do I need to cancel that first before putting the new one through does anyone know? I'm thinking it might flag with MBFS if I apply for finance on a second vehicle...

No, it's at a dealer close to me in Hertfordshire. Just here right now waiting for the sales guy.

The spec is what I want except for the lack of privacy glass. I'm guessing it shouldn't be an issue to have this done after market though.

Given I have an order elsewhere with a finance agreement approved in principle, do I need to cancel that first before putting the new one through does anyone know? I'm thinking it might flag with MBFS if I apply for finance on a second vehicle...

They can put a note on the proposal to say that that proposal will be in replacement of the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom