New C63 Coupe Order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the input guys. I'm still waiting to hear back from them this morning but my mind is made up... I'm not having them retrofit anything onto the car to make up for someones error somewhere. As someone mentioned, it's a lot of money (certainly for me anyway) and to compromise on something is simply not acceptable.

The car is due to be built this week so no doubt they'll be trying everything to get me to accept this car. I'll have it re-ordered (hoping they can get an expedited slot) and ask them to provide me with a car in the meantime. Not sure if they will but I'll be asking.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still waiting to hear back from them this morning but my mind is made up... I'm not having them retrofit anything onto the car to make up for someones error somewhere. As someone mentioned, it's a lot of money (certainly for me anyway) and to compromise on something is simply not acceptable.

The car is due to be built this week so no doubt they'll be trying everything to get me to accept this car. I'll have it re-ordered (hoping they can get an expedited slot) and ask them to provide me with a car in the meantime. Not sure if they will but I'll be asking.

Hi,
It would be great if you could somehow prove that they ordered your car incorrectly. That would put you in a much stronger position to get a decent loan car from them - especially as you have already sold your old car.
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
It would be great if you could somehow prove that they ordered your car incorrectly. That would put you in a much stronger position to get a decent loan car from them - especially as you have already sold your old car.
Cheers
Steve

So I've just spoken with the dealer who maintains this was a change from the factory due to stock problems with that trim. Apparently there was a 'general inbox message sent via Ceaser' about it a little while ago but nobody picked up on it. Not sure what that means but I'm guessing the factory informed the dealer somehow in advance and was missed.

The build is scheduled for Monday now (moved for a 4th time) so i've asked her to go back to the factory and ask them to put in the carbon fiber trim instead... she's not hopeful on that however.

Interesting I was asked by my dealer if I was prepared to wait for the open pore wood. I chose to wait for it. mines due to be built this Friday, fingers crossed.
In short the factory gave me via the dealer, the option to wait or go with piano black. JBD is right.

Interesting I was asked by my dealer if I was prepared to wait for the open pore wood. I chose to wait for it. mines due to be built this Friday, fingers crossed.
In short the factory gave me via the dealer, the option to wait or go with piano black. JBD is right.

Thanks for the info - very interesting. My belief here is that the Dealer dropped the ball and either missed the communication about the trim being out of stock (and the factory reverting to the default piano black trim by default) or chose to accept the proposed change in spec. without speaking to me first. Bad form from Mercedes either way.

You might want to check that build date as mine was showing this Thursday only a couple of days back but is now showing this coming Monday instead. I understand that Bremen are suffering from extended delays on most orders right now.

Thanks for the info - very interesting. My belief here is that the Dealer dropped the ball and either missed the communication about the trim being out of stock (and the factory reverting to the default piano black trim by default) or chose to accept the proposed change in spec. without speaking to me first. Bad form from Mercedes either way.

You might want to check that build date as mine was showing this Thursday only a couple of days back but is now showing this coming Monday instead. I understand that Bremen are suffering from extended delays on most orders right now.

Thanks G5. I hope it gets built soon and gets to is before the fine weather
Disappears.

I know that you said you didn't want a retrofit but, I've been having a nose at MB AUC and most of the AUC C63 coupes do have the Black Ashwood trim, possibly explaining the shortage.

I'm surprised at the AUC prices actually. The coupe is what, 4mths since release and the ex-demo's have taken a £6k hit already. The only problem with the demo's mind is that the spec's are usually pretty low (18" wheels and the like) although some look fairly decent. I''ll see what a C63 S goes for next Summer.

I wish the MB AUC website was a little more friendly for identifying the options fitted i.e. what's missing.

So after all that the dealer isn't comfortable changing the trim themselves due to the lack of wiring for the clock anyway.

I've managed to get a new build slot early October so adding +6 weeks to delivery overall. Given it's been 5 months, whats another 6 weeks to get the correct spec.

It'll be well worth the wait. Can't wait to see it myself.

Ant.

Makes sense. Shouldn't be long.

So now I have the opportunity to amend spec, I've been considering changing to the 'S' variant... my current order is for a 'standard' C63 - trying to figure out if its worth the extra £5.5K. I'll never track the car and use it as a daily driver.

What are peoples thoughts on this? I'm seeing lots of S variants being ordered which makes me wonder about the future value of the standard model.

Personally I'd go for the 'S' as £5k over a term really isn't much. I'm not sure if you're buying cash or finance, but either way you'll either lose less or you'll keep more equity in the 'S'. Of course if on finance and ends in negative equity at the end of the term, you'll just chop it in whether 'S' or 'non-S'.

When building a non-S online, I got to around £73k with all of the options it would let me chuck at it that I wanted, everything bar ceramic brakes and carbon exterior if I remember. I did the same at the dealer also and ended up around the same figure but, they seemed to believe they could offer me a power hike to 'S' spec if I wanted it. I'm not sure if that's part of the AMG Drivers Pack, or perhaps he was misinformed, as I can;t find that option online.

With the same options as above, I also spec'd an 'S' which came in around £77k. The 'S' has some options thrown in, such as those gorgeous AMG seats and larger brakes, and other options like AMG Drivers Pack are discounted vs non-S. You also get the power increase, not that the non-S saloon I drove was slow but it's good to have. Then there's the electronically assisted diff which apparently is a good piece of kit. Would you notice on the road? I suppose only you can answer that thinking about how you drive, but nice to have as part of the package I'd say; not sure I'd pay extra for it if it was an option only. See: Mercedes-AMG C63 S Coupe Showcases Its Rear Axle Differential With Electronic Lock - autoevolution

Last edited:
So now I have the opportunity to amend spec, I've been considering changing to the 'S' variant... my current order is for a 'standard' C63 - trying to figure out if its worth the extra £5.5K. I'll never track the car and use it as a daily driver.

What are peoples thoughts on this? I'm seeing lots of S variants being ordered which makes me wonder about the future value of the standard model.

If I could, I would.

Only you know if the £5.5k is worth it. If you can afford it, go for it, you only live once. :bannana:

I'm seeing lots of S variants being ordered which makes me wonder about the future value of the standard model.
Frankly, the depreciation on both is going to be astronomical, and in practical terms you'll lose more in pure cash terms on the S-model because you're spending another £5.5k up front.

Ultimately, the decision is whether the S-model additions are worth the extra money to you, and you alone.

Take delivery on the understanding that they will change to black ash when available. Free of charge of course.
I had a similar experience with my SL500 W231. Came with silver interior when I ordered black ash. Told them I would cancel if they didn't.

Not sure on the deal you got but Coast2Coast are offering about 10% discount

In the real world of 20mph speed limits and endless speed cameras, there will be very little opportunity to experience the difference between the the base spec and the S.

It's only if you intend 'tracking' your car that the S' extra bits will come into play.

Interestingly, the base C63 could end up as the rare commodity.

Last edited:
Gene said:
In the real world of 20mph speed limits and endless speed cameras, there will be very little opportunity to experience the difference between the the base spec and the S. It's only if you intend 'tracking' your car that the S' extra bits will come into play. Interestingly, the base C63 could end up as the rare commodity.

I tend to agree having looked into it a little more. I'm not saying it's not worth the extra for some but for me, I think the cost would outweigh the benefit. I struggle to get over 60mph for 95% of my daily commute which is where I'll be using it the majority of time.

I guess it won't be a problem to have the base C63 remapped to achieve more bhp than a stock S variant eventually anyway. It may be possible already, I don't know.

I tend to agree having looked into it a little more. I'm not saying it's not worth the extra for some but for me, I think the cost would outweigh the benefit. I struggle to get over 60mph for 95% of my daily commute which is where I'll be using it the majority of time.

I guess it won't be a problem to have the base C63 remapped to achieve more bhp than a stock S variant eventually anyway. It may be possible already, I don't know.

Yes remap already exists. I had a chat with ,vaeth in Germany.
They will need the car for two days.

Option of 522PS and 720Nm for Eur 2,800
If I ever start craving more power, then that will be the route for me.

We've just had 4 speed cameras installed over a distance of around 2 miles.

Last edited:
RENNtech has been tuning the W205 C63/C63S platform for a long time now and would be where I would be looking so much AMG experience and in particular on the new C63 where they've been testing for ages. Call Luke in Germany he is brilliant and knows his stuff. The tuning can be done here in the UK as well via Collins Performance as they are the RENNtech supplier here. http://benzboost.com/showthread.php...n-pump-gas-Dynojet-results&highlight=RENNtech

http://benzboost.com/showthread.php...pgraded-turbo-R800-package&highlight=RENNtech

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom