New C63 double clutch gearbox or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schuey

Car
BMW M4 Comp Pack, BMW S1000RR
Hi Chaps,

Anyone know if the new C63 will come with a double clutch gearbox?

I hope so......

My new RS6 has the latest ZF 8 speed box. Its a better car for it for a daily driver. Fantastic box.

I may be wrong but I believe it will once again come with the Mercedes MCT 7 speed as fitted to the face lifted c63.

Don't ask me to explain the differences as I am not particularly mechanically minded but this is not a dual clutch transmission as such and so not the same technology as the dct in bmws of DSG in certain vw/audis

I may be wrong but I believe it will once again come with the Mercedes MCT 7 speed as fitted to the face lifted c63.

Don't ask me to explain the differences as I am not particularly mechanically minded but this is not a dual clutch transmission as such and so not the same technology as the dct in bmws of DSG in certain vw/audis

Yes that's what I'm thinking. They need a proper DCT system I feel.

Interesting thread. Always wondered the same... What is MB's rationale for insisting MCT for their new AMGs? Is it purely commercial? Because the MCT is their own unit and need to justify the investment and keep the volume going or it shares the same internals as the other 7G auto trannies so pretty cost effective?

Would have thought Getrag's (used in SLS) or ZF's units would be simple and good enough choice for all mainstream AMGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom