New C63 Estate Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers Oscar.

Funny you ask about the wheels, I've had a few PMs for them as well. As far as I'm aware the wheels are the genuine wheels that came with the car.

I'll have to check for repairs when they are off the car. Will keep you posted if I decide to sell.
Keep them no other wheel suits the car more, lovely wheels.

Engadine, I can already see money coming out of my bank account for an LSD. You speak a lot of sense there, I think I'll have a watch of some videos and maybe get one fitted after Christmas. I didn't think there would be much difference for day to day driving, but like you say the car does seem very overpowered for it's chasis. Then next will be to see what to go for, again from what Steve mentions about the Wavetrac, it sounds like a good piece of kit.
Honestly, without one, I realised in winter it’s like a dog running on three legs. Even in London, where I live. Wise and experienced heads here will advise about the brand.

Eagle F1s are good and underrated tyres, nice choice.

Honestly, without one, I realised in winter it’s like a dog running on three legs. Even in London, where I live. Wise and experienced heads here will advise about the brand.

Eagle F1s are good and underrated tyres, nice choice.
I'm in London too, so for you to be saying that is pretty like for like with my experience.

I love Eagle F1s, I've used them for years and have never been disappointed which is why I always struggle to go for the PS4S which everyone raves on about.

Cheers Oscar.

Funny you ask about the wheels, I've had a few PMs for them as well. As far as I'm aware the wheels are the genuine wheels that came with the car.

I'll have to check for repairs when they are off the car. Will keep you posted if I decide to sell.
Great looking car. To check if the wheels are original, run your VIN through a decoder and you'll see what was on it when it rolled out of Sindelfingen.

Last edited:
The only way to judge downsizing is to drive your car on your routes.

I loathe bigger wheels on British roads, but it's a matter of taste. They're fine in Germany and France where the roads are FAR better than our little monsters.

Much also depend on the number of miles you drive. Do 5k a year and it's barely an issue. Drive 15-20k, as I do, and the comfort becomes more important than cosmetics.

You're right to judge whether the LSD is relevant to your driving. I used to get DM's from the Quaiffe on my 335i saying "Mate, when are you going to give me something to do?

The only way to judge downsizing is to drive your car on your routes.

I loathe bigger wheels on British roads, but it's a matter of taste. They're fine in Germany and France where the roads are FAR better than our little monsters.

Much also depend on the number of miles you drive. Do 5k a year and it's barely an issue. Drive 15-20k, as I do, and the comfort becomes more important than cosmetics.

You're right to judge whether the LSD is relevant to your driving. I used to get DM's from the Quaiffe on my 335i saying "Mate, when are you going to give me something to do?

I agree about the wheels. I have kept my 19 inch wheels (see profile picture!) Because they just look so good on the car, and also by the time I had a new set of MPS4S put on it was too late, and so on.

But the ride on these wheels does suffer. Hit a pothole or ridge or any sharp small obstacle and you really feel it, to the point of discomfort. Whereas on smooth roads, the ride is excellent and handling is super sharp.

I would suggest that there is no doubt that the 18 inch wheels are better on British roads. It’s just about individual tolerance for a harsher ride vs the looks.

Cheers Oscar.

Thanks, I tried to pm you but couldn’t.

Thanks, I tried to pm you but couldn’t.
I've decided to keep the 19" wheels and just put them away for now. I think when I sell the car, it'll probably be more desirable with them as opposed to the 18's I have fitted to them.

I agree about the wheels. I have kept my 19 inch wheels (see profile picture!) Because they just look so good on the car, and also by the time I had a new set of MPS4S put on it was too late, and so on.

But the ride on these wheels does suffer. Hit a pothole or ridge or any sharp small obstacle and you really feel it, to the point of discomfort. Whereas on smooth roads, the ride is excellent and handling is super sharp.

I would suggest that there is no doubt that the 18 inch wheels are better on British roads. It’s just about individual tolerance for a harsher ride vs the looks.
I can definitely confirm the 18" wheels are much better. I've covered around 500 miles on them so far and they are much more compliant and seem to grip better as well. The wife and kids are definitely happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom